The main reason as to why I am a nanny/babysitter is because I love working with children! I am extremely caring and tentative to every childs needs. As a young woman, I am able to create great relationships with kids because there is an essence of relatability, whilst still maintaining a professional level.
I am an university student at a Russell Group university, I study English Literature. I have been a tutor and a babysitter for the past 3 years. I began babysitting at around 16 years old, I began with just younger family members, but as I got older I progressed to private nannying. I have worked with children from the ages of 5-11. As a private nanny, I have arranged play date, gone on outings and provided homework help. I am also extremely flexible!
I am a highly motivated individual with an exceedingly strong work ethic who is never afraid of a challenge. This mindset allows me to be reliable and enables me to work extremely well in a team to achieve any sort of set targets or requirements. In addition to this, it is in my nature to be friendly and charismatic so it comes naturally for me to have good customer service skills, alongside happy and healthy relationships with other members of staff. I possess a good understanding of standard health and safety procedures and am able to solve problems quite confidently. I also have good strong time management skills, so it is not an immense challenge for me to engage and efficiently complete tasks effectively.
• Accomplished communication skills both written and verbally, I am able to follow instructions.
• Excellent time keeping and consistent attendance
• Strong comprehension skills
• Time management and punctuality
• Effective at building effective relationships with colleagues
• Strong people’s person, am able to engage with a broad range of customers
Past Work Experience
Volunteer, Cancer Research, Portobello Road
• Speaking with customers in the store and over the phone to deal with any general enquiries
• Dealing with the donated clothes; included cleaning and steaming
• Tagging the clothes and presenting them in the store
• Culling the clothes in the shop floor
• General cleaning of the shop floor
• Assisting in the dressing room
Volunteer, Bookstore, Larache Morocco
• Working the till (was able to rapidly improve my Moroccan Darija)
• Deal with returns
• Using the photocopier and fax machine
• Unpacking deliveries
• Cleaning the stock room and the shop floor
• Trained the next volunteer
Volunteer, Primary, Village in Morocco
• Taught young children basic English
• Supervising outdoor play
• Helped clean up the school
• Helped serve lunch
• Helped to re-paint the school
Work Experience, IHS Markit, Barbican
(2 placement in July 2018)
• Researched a multitude of different things including; Investments in Sub-Saharan Africa, regional integration in West Africa and the functioning of a sovereign wealth fund
• Admin work – sending emails and printing
• Timings of morning briefings
• Effective note-taking during meetings
• After school pickups
• Liaising with parents and teachers about child’s after school/homework routine
• Homework help and intense tutoring
• Organising play dates with other parents
• Outings on walks/park
• Making snacks
• Late night babysitting; putting to bed, bath time, reading story etc
• Last minute calls
• Dealing with children when upset/ill
Holland Park School
(2013 – 2018)
• English Literature 9
• English Language 8
• Combined Science 5
• History A
• Religious Education A*
• Business A
• Maths 4 passed
• Spanish A
• Geography A
Harris Westminster Sixth Form
I finished sixth form in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic so the grades I was awarded were a very rough prediction but luckily I was able to get a place at a top university.
• English Literature D3
• History B
• Government and Politics B
• EPQ C
Queen Mary University of London
(2020-2023) – BA English Literature
• Journalist for my Secondary School newsletter
• Volunteering in both my local community and an underprivileged country
• Leading editor for my College magazine, my work led me to win a school award.
• Head of my English Literature society
• Helped pressure group Grenfell United deliver their petition to Parliament
• Was selected by Grenfell United to interview the then Prime Minister Theresa May
Hobbies & Interests
• Journaling and Writing
• Beauty and fashion
Alaa is so passionate about English and such a great tutor. 10/10 recommend
She’s very good with kids and is passionate about her subjects.
Couldn’t recommend anyone else
I am a fellow classmate to Alaa and I’ve known her for 7 years . She’s supported me in class as English is not one of my strong subjects . Her teaching style is very clear and concise providing notes that are well -written . She also helps to identify your weak areas to work upon to ensure that you make progress. I would definitely recommend her as a tutor as she is very patient and ensures that you have a thorough understanding of the topics.
Passionate about her subject. Has a lot of patience so it makes it is easier to understand the work.
Alaa is a great tutor; very professional, hardworking and fully prepared. Really organised and helps with confidence. I would definitely recommend her services.
super easy to work with & very well-skilled in teaching! would definitely recommend!
Good communication, friendly, cooperative and flexible. All round excellent tutor.
afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||Not available|