I would base my work and topics on the material provided by the student from school and on the examining board's curriculum.
From experience I know that some teachers like focusing on certain topics to prepare them more for the exam and ignore certain things on the specification and I could fill the gaps and explore the diverse topics.
One thing that we didn't like in school, but is like bad medicine, is the teacher speaking in French to immerse the pupils in the language, and I would try to do it as much as I could depending on the level of the pupil.
I study International Business with French at Queen's University Belfast, and have just came back from a professional placement in France.
I have been learning French for 9 years and spent 7 months in France so I have a very advanced level of French and can help GCSE and Alevel students achieve their potential and excel in their class.
Queen’s University Belfast BSc (Honours) International Business with French 2016-2020
First year: 69% Second year: 64% (On track to get a 2:1 degree classification)
St. Louis Grammar School Ballymena 2009-2016
A Levels: Business Studies (A), Applied ICT (A), French (A), Polish (A)
GCSE’s 10 subjects (4A* 5A 1B) including English and Maths (A in French)
BDO Sicier - Marseille (France) Accounting assistant July 2018 - January 2019
● I was part of the corporate and promotion teams in an office specialised in real estate. Being the only real estate office of BDO in France, we had projects for all over France
● Being the first foreign student in that office, and not having a lot of knowledge of accounting, real estate or French it has been difficult to understand everything, but I can say I have taken this opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and learn to be more analytical and be able to seek out answers.
QUB French society committee member September 2016 – December 2017
● In the role of the representative of my year group, I advocated for my peers in terms of activities and events planned
● Took part in organisation of academic events such as language exchanges as well as informal socialising events such as a charity bun sale, pub crawl and a formal for 160 people
● This developed my self-motivation as I was one of the dozen people responsible for the society’s success
EXPERIENCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Inspiring leaders programme at Queen’s University Management School January 2017
Full driving licence March 2017
Extra-curricular award (Degree Plus) for Spanish (level 3) May 2017
Brussels workplace study tour with Queen’s University June 2017
Peer mentor programme and lead peer mentor for the international business students in the
management school at Queen’s University September 2017
Began the Adopt a class programme where I mentor a class of year 10 pupils in my secondary school with the hope that seeing benefits of learning a language will encourage them to continue studying languages May 2018
● Native proficiency in English and Polish
● Highly proficient in French and hope to become fluent during my year abroad
● Basic proficiency in Spanish with a desire to learn more
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£35||Not available|