I have limited experience of teaching but from my learning experience I have a wealth of resources in various forms of media that I am familiar with and can recommend for the advancement of Chinese ability in and out of lessons. In addition to this I am comfortable with speaking and have standard pronunciation and can offer insight into Chinese culture and differences between formal and informal language. I can also write and recognize over 2000 characters.
I am in my first year of Civil Engineering at The University of Glasgow. However I have studied Mandarin for a year in China achieving HSK 4. I have experience tutoring Chinese students in English but no experience yet in tutoring Mandarin to English speakers yet.
Additional charge for public transport I have to take.
I have just completed my first year of Civil Engineering at the University of Glasgow my degree has helped me improve my timekeeping and teamwork skills. I enjoy that studying this degree has been an opportunity to challenge myself which I believe is an attitude that I can bring to a working environment. Before starting my course, I was awarded a place in a scholarship program that allowed me to study Mandarin for a year in China this showed my dedication and my ability to learn fast in order to adapt in a non-English speaking environment.
Currently looking for a full-time(over summer) or part-time position. Extremely flexible with regards to working hours. Looking to take on additional hours over summer.
Newspaper Delivery, Evening Times
(2012 – 2015)
• Good opportunity to work independently by working out a route, making sure delivery is on time and finding my own customers
• Gained some marketing skills by making leaflets to gain customers
• Gained communication skills
• Gained self-discipline and responsibility on job with no supervisor/manager
Bannerman High School
(August 2010 – May 2016)
• Mathematics – C
• Physics, Computing, Spanish, Mathematics – A
• Music - B
• English - C
8 National 5s (2 A’s 5B’s 1C)
Tianjin Foreign Studies University
(September 2016 – July 2017)
HSK4 (Mandarin Proficiency Qualification)
University Of Glasgow
(September 2017- In Progress)
BEng – Civil Engineering
Additional Skills & Interests
• Linguistics – Able to speak comfortably in Mandarin also able to speak some Spanish
• Played Rugby for high school team for 3 years, improved teamwork and communication skills
• English Tutoring experience with University students while in China
• Tutoring experience with S1 pupils in final year of high school
References are available upon request.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|