- To enjoy music-making.
- To encourage excellence in technique.
- Exams are at student's own choice.
- To challenge, to inspire, to have fun!
- For Music Theory lessons, I encourage studying within the context of discovering exciting new music.
- Resources, articles, music recommendations available for all students.
If 5/10 lessons are booked in advance, rate is cheaper at £32/hour.
I am a highly experienced music theory teacher, seeking eager and hard-working students.
- Hallé Orchestra, BBC Philharmonic, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia, Welsh National Opera Orchestra, English Symphony Orchestra.
- Over ten years experience of teaching privately in the UK, Germany and Belgium.
- Has worked with educational bodies such as One Education, Live Music Now, and Xaverian College.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to get in contact!
Teacher of Music Theory
Since graduating from the Royal Northern College of Music, I have pursued a twofold career of playing the flute orchestrally, and teaching. My full education and experience is listed below:
2017 – Current: Cologne Musik Hochschule
- Masters of Music
Flute Teacher: Mr. Robert Winn
2011 – 2015: Royal Northern College of Music
- BMus (Hons): 1st Class
Flute teacher: Ms Laura Jellicoe
Piccolo teachers: Ms. Joanne Boddington, Mrs. Jennifer Hutchinson
2008 – 2010: Xaverian Sixth Form College
- A-Levels: Music (A), Theology (A), Drama (B)
- AS-Level: English Literature (A)
- Xaverian Sixth Form College: music teaching assistant (included SEN): 2010 – 2011
- One Education employee: teaching group music classes: 2015 - 2016
- Private teaching: 9 years of one-to-one flute and piano teaching: 2009 – Current
- Private teaching: 6 months of one-to-one English teaching: 2018 – Current
- Live Music Now scheme: music workshops in schools (includes SEN): 2013 – Current
- Piccolo: Trial with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra: Current
- 2nd Flute: Trial with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra: 2017-2018
- 2nd Flute/3rd Flute/Piccolo/Alto: Hallé Orchestra Extra Work: Current
- 2nd Flute/Piccolo: Royal Northern Sinfonia Extra Work: Current
- Piccolo: BBC Philharmonic Orchestra Extra Work: Current
I have known Sarah since 2013 where we worked on a community music project in Manchester Children’s Hospital together. We have since performed together on numerous occasions.
Sarah works extremely hard and this pays dividends in both her teaching and performing careers- which has led to numerous performing and learning opportunities, both in the UK and abroad.
She is calm, patient, and incredibly easy to get along with. She creates an excellent rapport with children and adults alike whilst maintaining professional yet friendly relationships with ease.
I have worked with Sarah for 6+ years in our flute and harp duo, Meridiem. Sarah is an extremely talented musician who always performs to the highest level. She has a friendly, upbeat demeanour, is very patient in teaching settings and ensures that lessons are enjoyable. Additionally Sarah is very organised.
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest composition lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, classical music lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||£150||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||£300||Not available||£300|