I use a communicative teaching method that combines a number of approaches to learning
I have taught in the UK and abroad in both private schools and Further Education colleges and universities. I spent two years in the Prague Czech Republic then a year in Rome Italy teaching English as a Foreign Language(TEFL) .
Sept 03-Sept 04 Workers Education Association (training provider) teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
• I taught Skills for Life level 2 ESOL
• I taught at a variety of community based locations
• I took part in teacher training events
• I made lesson plans
Jan-July 04 City College H.M.P. Styal teaching Literacy and basic skills
• I delivered training for inmates at Styal Prison so they could enter employment
• I prepared and delivered lessons to small groups of students
Sept 2002-2003 Salford University TEFL
• I prepared and designed lessons for undergraduate and pre undergraduate courses
Sept 2001-July 2002 Birkbeck College University of London, Part time, Academic writing, TEFL and a Politics course
July -Sept 2001 S.O.A.S Pre-sessional MBA and TEFL
Jan 98-July 02 City and Islington F.E. College, Holloway Rd London, TESOL and Communication Studies
• I taught ESOL and Communication Studies
• I prepared and delivered learning sessions for whole classes, small groups and one to one sessions
• I provided additional support for students who needed help with their English and Maths
• I supported students whose main subjects were Information Technology and Engineering with their English (BTEC)
Sept 97-Dec 97 H.M.P. Highdown TESOL and basic skills
• I prepared and delivered individual one to one sessions and group sessions in a grade A prison
• I taught ESOL and Maths, basic skills.
July-August 97 Sandra Robinson Group teaching ESOL and I was involved in recruiting students by going to local jobcentres and talking to advisors about the courses we had, the advisors would then refer claimants onto the courses.
Sept 96-July 97 Hastings College, Clapham Common, London, teaching English and recruiting students for courses. Designing leaflets and posters and telephoning businesses selling courses.
Sept 94-July 95 Cesky Brod Gymnazium, Kolin, Czech Republic Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
Sept 93-July 94 Italian Parliament, Rome, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and British Politics
Sept 92-July 93 Statni Jazykova Skola, Prague, Czech Republic. I taught English as a foreign language (EFL)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking EFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|