I am George, and a PE teacher for 40 years. GCSE PE is the subject I teach and I relate all my theory work to the students practical work. Theory, therefore, becomes relevant and not an add on.
I am a PE teacher with 40 years experience teaching a wide range of sports and GCSE PE. 100% of my students over the past 6 years have achieved A -C, grades in their GCSE.
George Armstrong Curriculum Vitae
A highly motivated and professional individual with experience of management across the Primary, Junior, Secondary and Further Education sectors. “Can Do” positive attitude, creative problem solver. Able to work to deadlines and react very well under pressure.
A teacher of 39 years experience and knowledge in mostly secondary, but also some Further Education and the nursery and primary sector. Latterly I have been teaching in a special school catering for children with a range of learning difficulties on the Autism spectrum of disorders.
Managerial and team leadership skills, team working, oral and written communication skills, including presentations. Flexibility, diplomacy, appraisal, assessment and recording. Experienced in Word, Access, Excel. Outlook and Powerpoint.
I have spent much time developing my own training programmes for colleagues from classroom management, lesson planning, setting lesson objectives etc. I also run training sessions for PE colleagues to help them develop alternative approaches and teaching styles.
October 1978-July 1979
Harlescott School Shrewsbury UK
English, Mathematics and Physical Education teacher. (Full- time supply teacher)
• Teach English and Mathematics to lower school pupils for absent members of staff.(Maternity leave)
• Teach Physical Education across the age ranges for absent part-time teacher.
September 1979-December 1979
Sir John Talbots School Whitchurch UK
Physical Education Teacher
• Teach Physical Education across the age range 11-19
• Take charge of the senior boys First XV rugby team.
January 1980-July 1982
The Grange School Shrewsbury UK
Geography, Music and Physical Education.
• Teach Geography to the lower school, generally the lower ability groups.
• Teach Music to the lower school, mostly lower ability classes.
• Teach a small amount of Physical Education across the age range 11-16
July 1982- October 1982
Lumberjack, Shropshire and beyond. UK
• Tree-felling to improve my fitness to play Rugby in Australia. Had a car accident and broke my neck so Rugby career halted.
March 1983-August 1984
Manager of Public House, Shrewsbury.UK
• Dealing with customers.
• Organising deliveries, payments, wages etc.
September 1984-November 1985
Forestry Supervisor Government Scheme for the long term unemployed.
• To supervise workers in forestry work in National Trust properties.
November 1985-July 1990
Harlescott School Shrewsbury. UK
Physical Education Teacher
• To teach Physical Education across the age range 11-16.
• To introduce and develop GCSE PE into the curriculum.
• To assess and record progress made by pupils in the GCSE Programme.
• To evaluate and make necessary changes to the GCSE Programme to ensure its success.
September 1990-July 2006
Orleton Park School Wellington UK
Head of Physical Education
• To lead a team of two initially rising to four full time teachers over the years.
• To create and manage a curriculum to meet the needs of pupils with a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
• To help develop pupils individually and as groups to be aware of physical exercise and its benefits.
• To develop teams and the competitive spirit.
• To manage the assessment, recording and reporting of pupils progress and use it as a tool for further development.
• To have Orleton Park School become a beacon of excellence in the field of sport in the wider community.
• To be increasingly successful with GCSE PE results.
• To represent the department in the wider issues of everyday school life.
• One term temporary appointment as Deputy Head due to incumbents’ illness.
September 2006-July 2009
Telford College of Arts and Technology UK
Public Services and Sports Studies Lecturer.
• To train 16-19 Public Service students to the fitness levels required to enter their chosen service.
• To teach A-Level and the BTEC Sports Studies Course.
• To coach the TCAT Sports Academy Rugby team and enter them into Regional and National leagues and cups.
• To run lunchtime football leagues for students who would not otherwise access sport in their college life.
• To participate in enrichment activities that give students a different perspective on life.
September 2009 –2017
GAU Prep School, an International School in Girne North Cyprus.
Music and Physical Education Teacher
• 2009-2010 Teacher of Music and Physical Education across the age range 6-15
GAU International Middle School, North Cyprus
• 2010-present teacher and Head of Physical Education across the age range 3-19
• Teacher and Assessor of IGCSE PE 2016 results 6 candidates 1 A*, 2A, 3B. Consistently over 75% A-C’s for the last 6 years. Last year 100%.A-C’s.
January 2018-July 2018
Cruckton Hall School- a special school for children with learning difficulties on the autism spectrum of disorders.
• Teaching Physical Education in small groups age range 8-16. Also one child with aspergers syndrome for his GCSE PE for which he gained a C grade.
Education and Training
1974-1977 Cartrefle College
Certificate of Education
Physical Education and general subjects, primary, secondary.
Mathematics and Physics A-Levels
Sport in general but Rugby specifically.
I am a level 3 coach and I was Head coach of the Pumas Rugby club, which is affiliated to Girne American University.
I am also a qualified trampoline, hockey, badminton, table tennis, coach among many other sports.
I enjoy walking, camping, cooking and generally most sports.
1. Sermin Mayin Principal
Girne American College
2. Aysu Balkanlar former Principal
Girne American Future College
physical education lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|