I like to teach in a way that is enjoyable but also informative. My goal is to speak as much English as possible with my student, and to do exercises and activities that keep them engaged and help them produce their own work in the language.
I am currently on a gap year and have completed a TEFL qualification, as well as travelling in Australia and NZ and working in France. I am enthusiastic, friendly and totally confident in teaching English, which I aim to make as fun as possible! I teach children mainly, especially young ones, from a basic level.
My cancellation policy is free until 24 hours before the lesson, in which case the lesson is paid as normal.
I am a hard-working, punctual, dedicated, and enthusiastic employee. I am currently on a gap year after completing my A Levels: so far I worked for 3 months with young children before travelling for 3 months in Australia and New Zealand, and have just completed two months working and living in France. As said travel proves, I am very adaptable and have a lot of experience with different cultures due to living in countries such as Belgium and India. I speak French fluently and have experience in speaking Spanish and German. I have a very open-minded and committed approach to my work and love to challenge myself as much as possible, as well as being an approachable and friendly employee, dedicated to delivering the best customer service possible.
Education- Stamford High School (2010-2017)
A Level Results:
Drama and Theatre Studies A
AS Level Results:
Philosophy and Ethics A
French, Drama, Philosophy and Ethics A*
History, Spanish, English Language A
English Literature, Maths, Biology B
Chemistry, Physics C
Part-time nanny (2016-present)
• I am responsible for two boys, aged 5 and 8, on a casual basis
• I make meals, maintain bedtimes, aid with their personal hygiene and provide entertainment for them
• Furthermore, I babysit regularly for three families
Security at Burghley Horse Trails (2015)
• I was responsible for maintaining security around the main arena at Burghley Horse Trials in September
• My roles included checking tickets, escorting patrons to their seats, attending to their needs and maintaining the security of the arena
Waitress at the Bombay Cottage, Stamford (2015-2016)
¥ My roles were welcoming customers, waitressing, and bar work
¥ I have gained skill in dealing with the general public, communicating over the phone, use of all payment types and cash handling
Silver Service Waitress at The George Hotel of Stamford (2016-2017)
• My roles were silver service waitressing in a restaurant, at private functions and weddings
Team Member at The Yard, Stamford (2017-present)
• My roles included looking after children and ensuring their safety on a soft play structure, preparing and serving food and drinks and cleaning the play areas, kitchen and toilets, use of all payment types and cash handling
IBICUS Team Member (2017)
• My role was coordinating both workshop leaders and teachers of the International Baccalaureate for a weekend at Wellington College
• I showed clients to their classrooms, ensured they knew where they needed to be and when, and coordinated travel and accommodation for them
Aux Crêperies Bretonnes la Bolée Waitress –Annecy, France (2018)
• My roles included confident and friendly front of house service in a French-speaking crêperie, food preparation, bar work, use of all payment types, cash handling and cleaning
• Combined Cadet Force (2013-2015)
• Chapel Choir (Jan 2014-2017)
• Speech and Drama (2011-2016)
• Travel and languages
• Grade 8 Singing with Merit
• Grade 8 LAMDA Speech and Drama with Distinction
• Gold Medal ESF Skiing qualification
• CCF Royal Navy Best Cadet award (2015)
• TEFL Qualification (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) -120 hour with TEFL.org.uk
¥ School Council representative (2015)
¥ House Prefect (2015-2016)
¥ School Prefect (2016-2017)
¥ House Captain (2016-2017)
• Teamwork- I am able to work very effectively in a team, and I have great experience of teamwork through my Drama GCSE and A level, my membership of 2 choirs, and my many jobs including waitressing. My teamwork skill has also developed through my sporting activities: involvement in both football and rugby during school greatly developed my team spirit.
• Leadership – My roles as both a School and House Prefect require a great deal of leadership, I have attended a Cadets Junior Leadership course and I have led discussions with both School Council and as a School Prefect. During my role at The Yard, I was often left to manage children’s parties which developed my leadership and ability to make decisions.
• Experience in Public Speaking – I am able to speak confidently to any number of people; my role as House Prefect required me to speak to large groups of both students and staff, Drama has given me confidence in my public speaking skills and for all of my subjects and my experience with foreign languages has also provided me with the ability to converse confidently in other languages as well as my own.
• Adaptability- I have lived in 6 different countries in my lifetime, which was a demanding experience that has made me a very adaptable person; I am comfortable with change and can adjust to new and challenging situations with enthusiasm and confidence. My travel, particularly this year, has encouraged me to face new challenges and deal with change, at which I am now confident.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£93||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£185||£100|