I am a very experienced art and design technology who trained as an architect before having children. I have been working in a multicultural East London school for 9 years but have also taught at degree and post degree level.
I have taught in craft clubs which is relaxed and fun but also designed and delivered structured lessons for children and young people from 5 - 21.
I teach art textiles for GCSE at the moment.
I enjoy student led, exploratory learning where you experiment and are very hands on and creative with your ideas, developing using different techniques and materials as your project dictates.
I have been giving lessons for 15 years. I have taught hundreds of students in classes and about 100 students in small groups.
My art textiles GCSE achieved the highest marks ever in the school last year (71% A*-C)
I have a degree in English Literature, from UCL and a degree in Architecture from the Architectural Association I have a PGCE in Design and Technology Education from Goldsmiths and am studying for a Masters in Design Education at Goldsmiths, University of London.
I won an ARKUK scholarship for Architecture.
I have taught in 2 girls schools and 2 mixed comprehensives as well as in Design Education with undergraduate students. I am now the second in Faculty and Head of Department for Design and Technology.
• Development of Curriculum including new provision of CAD/CAM
• Development of Programmes of Study using TEEP model
• Ability to develop, plan and deliver
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good team worker
• Effective Budget and time management skills
• Design and Make skills: surface manipulation, felt-making, Speedstep CAD/CAM, model-making, plastic shaping 3d drawing, 2d design, rendering
Lister Community School September 2007-present
• 2nd In charge of MFL/CA faculty
• Papers on Home Learning, Sustainability, Object Based Learning publishing date June 2017
• Responsibility for Programmes of Study
• Responsibility for Teaching and Learning
• Pastoral responsibility
Haggeston School for Girls January – June 2007
• Development of research project into unleashing student potential
• Key Stage 4 textiles teaching including developing schemes of work
Parliament Hill September – December 2006
• Involvement in pastoral care with tutor group
• Extensive use of CAD/CAM in RM teaching
Mill Hill County High School Assistant teacher 2002-2003
• Assistant Teacher in Design and Technology Department – Graphics, electronics, Resistant Materials, Textiles
• Running textile scheme
Shournehart Building Contractor Assistant to Managing Director 1983 -1986
• Budget responsibility
• Planning and time management
• Liaison with contractors, services, Local Authority
Education, Training and Qualifications:
Goldsmiths College, University of London, Masters in Design Education 2015-2017
Goldsmiths College, University of London, PGCE 2006- 2007
Architectural Association School of Architecture 1986 – 1992
RIBA Part 1 and 2 (AA Diploma) Awarded ARCUK Scholarship,
Architectural Association Bursary
University College London BA (Hons) English Literature 1979 –1982
ECDL Computer certificate 2002
Other relevant information: Driving Licence, Gardening, feltmaking, knitting, dyeing, embroidery, reading, languages, travel, dogwalking, cinema, cooking, music, theatre, boxing, swimming, aqua aerobics
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£40||Not available|