I am comfortable teaching all humanities subjects up to A-level but I am also able to teach historical methods at university level. I encourage independent thinking and full participation in all levels due to the subjective nature of the social sciences. It is my belief that students should lead the topic of the lessons after-all only they know what they are struggling with. In return, I promise to provide full support including example answers, directed research tasks and comprehension guidance.
I do not believe in the textbook method as it restricts critical thinking, instead, the lesson will be structured around an initial discussion/debate as to cultivate students intellectual capabilities. Each lesson will be differ according to what a student would like to work on.
Some lessons will be source-based others will focus on historiography or debates around subjects and theory. Other lessons will be on practical skills such as essay-writing and research although this all dependent on a students needs. It will involve practical work such as reading/writing short answers and general discussion as well.
I am a tutor who is prepared to be led as well as to lead, having struggled with school initially I am very patient and more than willing to spend more time on difficult subjects if need be.
I am currently in my third year at Newcastle University studying history- although I am well acquainted with humanities subjects more generally. I am on track to receive a first and I am a dedicated student myself. I have been teaching informally since I was 16 through school tutor services and I am currently volunteering as an english tutor for GCSE students with Action Tutoring. My speciality is of course History up to degree level but the skills required for other humanities are similar- clear prose, creative arguments and succinct analysis are all needed. I pride myself in my ability to conduct research analysis and to be able to present and teach those who are not familiar with the subject.
Cancellations must be made at least 2hrs in advance of the planned lesson, but if possible 24hrs before.
Highly ambitious final-year history student with some experience in sales, administration and teaching. However, I am keen to build up my legal background to pursue a career in law. Studying History has developed my ability to research; construct and present arguments creatively. My breadth of experience also extends from partaking in two voluntary global leadership projects (India and Ecuador) to participating in the school community in Young Enterprise and as a mediator and peer mentor in both school and university. This involvement in the community has given me the confidence to communicate in spite of cultural and social limitations.
- Word and Excel trained
- Lesson Planning
- Secondary: Waddesdon Church of England School (graduated 2017)
- University of Surrey (Sep 2017- Jan 2018)- studying LLB (Hons) Law
- Newcastle University (ongoing)- studying History (2018-2021)
- A level achieving AAB(English Literature, History and Philosophy)
- AS levels achieving AAA.
- 11 GCSE's including 1A* 6As and 3Bs and a C
- LLB (Hons) Law first year grade 2:1
- BA History achieved a 2:1 (69.3) in 2nd year; predicted a 1st.
Law-Based Extra-Curricular Activities
1. Pinsent Masons Virtual Work Experience- legal drafting and research covering transactional services; finance and construction, advisory and disputes. Conducting due-diligence to advise clients on contracts/subcontracts.
2. Law Internship Experience UK (Bright Network)- project completed involving, mergers and acquisitions due-diligence considerations, amending an NDA and dispute resolution advice.
- A Youth leader at local church- organising days out and leading activities (2014-2015)
- School mediator and peer mentor to younger students, tutoring English and resolving conflict. (2016)
- Volunteering in Ecuador and the Galapagos- building, animal conservation and painting murals for two small communities (2015)
- Volunteering in India- teaching children English (2017)
- Teaching English to refugees at the University of Surrey.
- Peer Mentor to first year university students; organising and leading meetings. (ongoing)
- INTOgration programme at university; organising meetings virtually and in person with international students to improve their conversational English (ongoing).
- Action tutoring; teaching English to GCSE students on a 1:1 basis. (ongoing)
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking religious studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£176||£150|