My teaching method is very varied, as I try to adapt to each pupil. I find that the best way to learn languages is primarily through discussion, and then once the basics are acquired, to move onto reading and writing. I hear a lot of parents complain that their children abandoned learning languages because it was too hard or they didn't enjoy it, so one of my main aims is to make sure the enthusiasm is maintained.
HI! I'm Nicole, I'm 19 and I'm studying law at UCL. I'm French and English but grew up in Paris, so fluent in both. I have plenty of experience in tutoring, teaching overall 20 children over the past 3 years in a full range of subjects, including French. I enjoy reading and writing, this year I taught Human Rights to year 7s, meaning I have a DBS check. I am friendly, responsible and passionate!
• Ermitage International School of France (2003-2018)
18 rue des Cotes, 78600 Maisons Laffitte, France
• University College London (UCL) (2018)
Law with French law (LLB)
Gower Street, London, UK
DIPLOMAS ACHIEVED TO DATE:
2018 Baccaulaureat option international (OIB) section S (science stream)
17.35/20 Mention très bien.
Lexis Nexus advance certificate
2015 Diplôme National du Brevet des Collèges
Mention Très Bien (18,95/20)
IGCSE English first language
2016 IGCSE English Literature
IGCSE Modern History
Awarded the “Mansart” (special award for high educational achievement)
Awarded “best delegate” at the MUN conference at Honoré de Balzac in 2017
Introduction to law course studied at the University of East Anglia in the UK (summer 2017)
Writing course studied at Cambridge University (summer 2016)
Model United Nations: I participated in the following conferences:
• Haarlem MUN Conférence (March and April 2017 & 2018)
• Honoré de Balzac Conférence (March 2017)
• Institut de Notre Dame Conférence (April 2016)
• New York MUN Conférence (March 2016)
I achieved my ABRSM piano exam at Grade 6 level in 2017
I tutotored two children of 11 and 6 years old in English, as well as one 14 year old in Maths (taught in English).
I am also currently volunteering once every two weeks at deprived schools teaching year 10 students about Human Rights as part of a volunteering project called “Grassroots” organised by UCL.
• Junior negociations Competition: here in teams of two we negotiated against our opponents on the behalf of our clients to reach a compromise resulting in a contract signed both parties. This taught me skills of negotiation and the importance of compromise.
• Team debating Competition: Reached the Quarter Finals in the paired debating competition where we debated a number of topics such as Economics in South East Asia and more philosophical ones such as the purpose of life. This greatly improved my public speaking skills and general knowledge
• Client interviewing: Here we were given the interests of clients we then impersonated in front of 2 sollicitors who then tried to advise us on the legal issue at hand.
• Mooting: This consists of mock court trials as we imitate barristers.
I was ambassador for the ‘Prospects’ which is a platform for employers and students to use, advertising jobs, internships, volunteering work in a number of fields. As UCL brand ambassador for this platform, I was in charge of social media advertising, (in the form of blogs and posts) and internally within the university by accessing societies and Unions in order to raise awareness and drive up sign- ups to the website. This improved my people skills and understanding of how to draw attention to something online.
Catering & Waitressing:
• I catered for “Easy Gourmet Catering” in London for various Weddings 2019
• I waitressed for “Ned’s Noodle Bar” in London 2019
Bilingual : French/English
Chinese Mandarin: Good level (in 7th year of study)
Latin: Beginner (in 3rd year of study)
Le Parisien Newspaper (7-10 June 2016). I observed the daily life of a journalist and also co-authored an article since I was bilingual and was able to translate into French the information derived from the persons interviewed who couldn’t speak French.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (13-17 juin 2016). During this week I was able to learn a lot about large International Organisations and I had the privilege to participate in several conferences concerning both immigration issues and health issues.
Maurel & Prom. (August 2018) Here I observed the daily life of a lawyer and learnt the valuable skills of negotiation and diplomicy
Very good tutor, helped me lots with my french essays and with oral presentations!
Nicole is bilingual in French and English and extremely flexible in terms of adapting her teaching methods to achieve the best results. She also has a very pleasant and friendly personality. I would highly recommend her as a teacher.
Nicole's passion for the French language has led my son to excel in his A-level exam. We are so grateful!!!!
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£100|