2nd year Masters Student from Manchester currently studying Physics and Astrophysics.
Capable of tutoring Maths, Physics and potentially other Sciences up to A Level.
I utilise various levels of these subjects on a day to day basis due to the nature of my course.
Able to individually tailor the nature of work and teaching, provided to students, depending on their current understanding of the topic.
I have a genuine love for these subjects which I believe will help make the sessions enjoyable and show you that Maths isn't boring numbers and can be fun and rewarding!
I help my younger brother practice his GCSE maths work on a weekly basis. The enjoyment of sharing my knowledge to help improve his understanding whilst giving me the opportunity to do work I enjoy has caused me to carry this on as a part-time job. I strive to help students improve their grades doing something I enjoy.
Address: 122 Northenden Road,
Mobile Phone: (concealed information)9
Email: (concealed information)
Date of birth: 05/11/1996
Enthusiastic and personable Astrophysics student, with experiences of working in a busy supermarket chain as well as in an office as part of a small team.
• Interpersonal Skills - Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Writing skills – Capable of writing coherently and eloquently, developed through academic work and creative writing.
• Organisational Skills - Developed through academic studies.
• Basic knowledge of Coding – Developed through use of Python in Physics Lab work.
• Strong IT skills – Competent in the use of MS office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Developed through heavy use throughout University course.
• Time Management Skills - Developed through practical work and academic studies.
Sept. 2015 – Present University of Sheffield:
2nd Year MSc Physics and Astrophysics Dual Honours.
Sept. 2008 – June. 2015
Sale Grammar School:
A Level Maths (A) A Level Physics (A)
A Level Chemistry (B)
AS Level Economics (A)
AS Level General Studies (B)
9 GCSE passes (inc. Maths, English, Science Grade A* - C)
BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT user skills.
ASDAN Level 2 qualification ,
OCR Spanish Level 1
Sept 2014-Sept 2015 Tesco
Serving Customers and dealing with their requests.
Cash handling-on the checkout and in the cashing up of tills.
Working in a warehouse moving deliveries.
Restocking and arranging product displays.
• Received praise for being friendly and helpful on numerous occasions through customers writing to manager.
• Praised by manager as “employee of the week” on numerous occasions for exceptional customer service.
(weeks work placement) Omnisis LTD – Market Research
DATA ENTRY CLERK/ADMINISTRATOR
Completing data input efficiently.
Emailing and liaising with clients over the phone.
Working effectively as part of a small team.
Activities and Interests:
During my spare time I enjoy socialising with friends and family. I also enjoy reading, as well as writing, literature; listening to live music and keeping up with current affairs. Furthermore, I have a keen interest in photography, often going on walks and hikes with my camera.
I've known Rory for a few months and can assure that he is a friendly, loyal and hardworking individual who would be well suited to a role in tutoring. He has vast and deep knowledge in a number of topics which I believe make him a trustworthy tutor.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|