I can teach students at secondary school age (including GCSE & A-Levels). These lessons would be structured around discussing the content they have learned and helping them think critically about it and learn how to structure answers clearly (qualities needed to achieve top grades).
For university admissions I can support students' writing of their personal statements and develop their critical skills in advance of potential university interviews.
For students younger than secondary school I can introduce them to new periods of history through interactive games and teach basic content to build their interest in history.
I care most about engaging students and building their confidence so all of my lessons will focus around discussions and creative exercises to push students to think differently. Each lesson would involve getting in touch the day before to exchange resources we would cover in the lesson.
I am a History graduate from the University of Oxford, with A-Levels in English Literature, History, and Maths (A*, A*, A respectively).
During sixth form I tutored students in Maths and English Literature to GCSE level achieving pass rates. During university I gained experience working with students ages 12-18 through directing at multiple Model United Nations Conferences where I helped students to learn about and discuss global issues.
The TEFL Org, Edinburgh, July – August 2020
• TEFL Certification, 120 Hours
• Modules including: Grammar certificate, teaching young learners, teaching one-to-one
University of Oxford, 2017-2020
• BA (Hons) History (2:1)
St Clement Danes School, Chorleywood, 2010-2017
• A-Levels (English Literature – A*, History – A*, Maths – A)
• GCSEs: 9 A* grades (including English Literature, English Language, and French)
• Head Girl and Public Speaking Captain – individually represented the East of England in ESU Churchill Cup Public Speaking National Finals, October 2015
OxfordMUN 2019, Director-General (conference organiser), November 2019
• Part of a team of 10 running a 3-day conference for 700 delegates from 20 different countries, the largest UK high-school Model United Nations conference.
• I oversaw delegate experience meaning I made sure students across 14 committees were enjoying the conference, engaging with content, and learning new things.
WeMUN Expo (Beijing), Oxford Global Secretary General (team-leader), August 2019
• I led a team of 5 chairs to Beijing for a Model United Nations Conference.
• I developed my adaptability and problem-solving through working through students’ feedback; I listened to reviews and adapted committee styles in response to ensure students felt supported and engaged over the weekend.
GCSE Maths and English Tutor, June 2016 – April 2017
• I tutored a dyslexic student in English and Maths to GCSE with planned weekly lessons designed to motivate and encourage her to feel confident despite errors she made.
• I ensured activities were varied and exciting to engage the student by incorporating games and freer discussions into lessons as well as more formal learning.
‘The Big Summer Read’, Reading Support Library Volunteer, July – August 2016
• I worked with children aged 5-11 to grow their reading skills by designing interactive games to check their knowledge as well as listening and correcting their reading.
• Working with a wide age range of children, I learnt to tailor my sessions to ensure their specific skill-level and interests were met so they were challenged but left confident.
I highly recommend Nina as a tutor to anyone who’s interested in the humanities and social sciences. Not only does Nina have an excellent academic background in her own right, but she is able to communicate this knowledge in a clear and accessible way. Having known and worked alongside Nina for the last three years, I can confidently say that she would make an excellent tutor - she is incredible supportive, and always willing to find new ways to explain difficult concepts.
Nina is a passionate and enthusiastic individual whose love and knowledge of history and patience in outlook stand her in good stead to be a great tutor on Superprof. She provided lots of help during the “History of Science” module of my Bachelor’s, and has often explained complex concepts (inc. non-history related) to me calmly but informatively. I cannot recommend her more highly!
Nina is a knowledgeable and charismatic tutor. She combines deep insight of the subject matter she teaches with an approachable personality, fostering confidence in her students. As such she has helped me immensely throughout various academic endeavours. I would recommend her to students of all ages!
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|