I take an open approach to teaching, and will create lesson-plans based on your learning needs and learning style. I am to maintain 100% of the lesson in Spanish.
I am experienced in adult education at university level.
I also have extensive experience teaching children in formal and informal settings, as a teaching assistant in London and as an aupair in Spain. I also hold an advanced DBS check.
I have previously worked as a professor of English Language at the Universidad Politecnica del Bicentenario in Mexico, specialising in preparing advanced-level students for their TOEFL exam. As part of this role I was responsible for structuring the programme & generating lesson-plans based on student feedback. I also ran events for the department and a bi-weekly conversation club.
I have been employed previously as a teaching assistant specialising in supporting students with English as a second language. I also have experience working with children with learning disabilities.
For any questions regarding negotiation of rates please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Friendly, fun and enthusiastic graduate with over 2 years combined experience in teaching and learning support. Caring and responsible professional who possesses a confident approach to work. Proven ability to encourage success by inspiring enthusiasm for learning and determination to achieve. Creative and imaginative with ability to improvise.
Vicarage Primary School January 2014 – May 2014
Worked as a mainstream TA at a large 4-form entry school across 4 Year 3 classes. Duties included:
Supporting teachers to:
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
- Maintain order and discipline among pupils
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources
- Providing one-to-one assistance
- Ensuring equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Promoting inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Providing specialist support to students with English as a second language
- Encouraging pupils to act independently
Universidad Politecnica del Bicentenario September 2012 – December 2013
Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico
English Language Professor
Worked at a progressive university in Mexico as a full-time teacher. Additional duties included:
- Planning and preparing lessons
- Setting and evaluating homework
- Assuring the progress of individual pupils and groups
- Leading a bi-weekly conversation club
- Planning and supervising school events and outings
- Participating in staff development and performance reviews and department meetings
- Reviewing and improving teaching methods
- Providing guidance and advice to pupils about educational and social matters, further education and future careers
Academia Global September 2012 –July 2013
Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico
English Language Teacher
Worked part-time at an independent language school teaching basic English to children aged 5-15. Taught small groups of around 5-7 pupils using a combination of traditional teaching methods and creative techniques including games, songs and music, role play and other dynamic activities.
2014 - 2018 SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
BSc (Hons) Midwifery
2008 - 2011 UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
BA (Hons) 2.1 in Sociology
2006 - 2008 THE THOMAS HARDYE SCHOOL
English Literature (A) Sociology (A) Spanish (B), GNVQ ICT (Merit)
Available on request.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|