I am a motivated Economics student in Lancaster University. Being a second year university student myself, I know how stressful Economics A Level and GCSE exams were! However, we can always find the way together to organise and prepare, achieving the best outcome! I am always excited about transferring my education and passion for Economics to students. I am looking forward to achieve a career in teaching.
THE SESSIONS: You are the ones who guide the sessions. We will organise the sessions according to what you need after discussion, and the times that suit you. The sessions cover material from Economics (GCSE, A level). The most important thing about understanding economics is discussion; therefore cooperation and communication are essential. In addition, with the use of graphs and diagrams we will make the sessions more exciting and understanding. I know exactly how demanding Economics A level and IGCSE are, so together we can explore exam techniques and practice questions; I am always ready to work together, and help you achieve an excellent result!
I have been tutoring for 2 years, to students of a range of examination types; GCSE, a level and university students.
I have worked in an Economics private institute before, whose duties included excellent communication with the students, and their preparation of the A level and GCSE exams. Along with my previous experience in tutoring, I am patient and understanding; and therefore able to cope with the requirements of the students.
A creative and enthusiastic economics second year student in Lancaster University, always
intrigued to achieve the maximum potential by taking initiatives. A young learner, always eager to
Education and Qualifications:
Lancaster University (In the top 8 UK universities, top 5 business schools)
Economics BSc (Year 1: Sep 2015 - Jun 2016, upper second class degree)
Modules included: Year 1: Principles of Economics, Quantitative Methods of Economics,
Operations Management, Statistics and Computing for Management
Year 2: Intermediate Macroeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Mathematics for
Economics, Introduction to Econometrics, Game Theory, Applied Economics
The American Academy, Cyprus (Sept 2008- Jun 2015)
A Levels: Economics (A), History (B), English Literature (B), Accounting (C), Greek (A)
Greek Apolytirion (school leaving certificate) 19.4/20
Elena Michael School of Accounting (Sep 2016- May 2016)
LCCI Higher Diploma of Accounting (Pass)
LCCI Intermediate Diploma of Accounting (Distinction)
Economics Tutor, MyTutor/ IQ-bar online tutoring, United Kingdom (January 2017 onwards)
• Gave private online tutoring sessions for students who study Economics A level and GCSE
• Tailored the sessions according to each student’s needs
• Prepared the material to deliver the sessions (notes, exercises) for the final examinations
• Taught to both international and British students
• Increased communication and organisational skills
• Obtained responsibility to improve the overall grades of the students
Receptionist, tutor, Elena Michael School of Accounting, Cyprus (Jun- Sep 2016)
• implemented school’s coordination duties, by communicating with both teachers, students
and the principal
• produced student notes for economics A Level material
• planned the Economics lesson timetable for the year
• identified monthly accruals by preparing database of students’ payments
• researched and suggested initiative marketing ideas for the school’s advertising campaign
• increased my communication, cooperation and organisation skills through the continuous
contact with students
Book Keeper- Junior Accountant, Mintha Holdings Ltd - wealth management, Cyprus (Jun - Aug
2013, Jun- Aug 2014, Jun- Aug 2015)
• managed the accounting books for the summer period
• advised the financial controller for the organisation of the work
• organised the bank transactions
• analysed bank the year- end executive reports
• communicated with several clients and cooperating firms over the phone
• reinforced my organisational skills through the keeping records of large database and of a
large amount of financial transactions during the period
• increased finance and economics related knowledge in real life
Skills and Interests:
• Competent knowledge across a variety of computer programmes: Windows - Microsoft office,
• Leadership and Initiative: elected as School Vice President (2014-2015)
• Rowing: National Competition in Cyprus (Jun 2011) - Second Place
National Competition in Cyprus (Jun 2012) - Second Place
National Competition in Cyprus (Jun 2013) - Third Place
International Regatta Rowing Competition in Belgium (Apr 2012) - Third Place
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
Taking econometrics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£17|