I would be giving lessons to students at a level of SATs or GCSE level in the subject of English Literature, from any background or characteristics. I am open to teaching and helping any student with their studies.
My first method of teaching would to meet the student and see how they best work with their studies. All students are different and different methods work for different students. I would talk to them and see what they prefer and what techniques they feel best work with them and try to work with that as well as work in my own methods and skills I have gained over my educational years. As a student, I know how hard studying can be at times and I would offer my full help as well as try and help with stress through my own experiences.
For a more detailed plan for any future lessons, I would introduce said literature and talk about themes and the understandings of the literature. I would give an insight into the book(s) as well as ask the student their insight and what they think. As the classes progress, I will set questions and other out of tutor hours work to ensure they are getting extra knowledge, as well as practice tests nearer the time of exams.
I am Mollie, a 20 year old student currently studying Criminology in Edge Hill University. I just achieved a 2:1 in my first year of my degree and I am progressing onto my second year. I have previous experience with tutoring a GCSE student for the year for their English Literature exam preparation as well as tutoring a student for two years in their college education in a different subject area. Additionally, I have experience teaching English for SATs with children of all abilities as well as working with children through volunteering opportunities. Whilst I do not study English in University, I achieved a A* in English Literature GCSE and an A in English Language and progressed to earning a B in English Combined at AS level.
Diploma in Criminology BA (Hons) First Year - 2:1 (Edge Hill University - Ormskirk,
September 2017 to Present)
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services - D*DD (Knowsley Community College - Liverpool, September 2015 to July 2017)
GCSE in Maths - C (Knowsley Community College - Liverpool, September 2015 to June 2017)
AS Level in English Combined - B (Carmel College - St Helens, July 2014 to September 2014)
GCSE in English Literature - A* (De La Salle - St Helens, September 2009 to July 2014)
GCSE in English Language - A (De La Salle - St Helens, September 2009 to June 2014)
GCSE in Science - C (De La Salle - St Helens, September 2009 to June 2014)
GCSE in Religious Education - A* (De La Salle - St Helens, September 2009 to June 2014)
GCSE in French - C (De La Salle - St Helens, September 2009 to June 2014)
GCSE in History - C (De La Salle - St Helens, September 2009 to June 2014)
• Can work with various types and ages
• Problem solving skills
• Exemplary attendance and punctuality
• Handling difficult situations with a gracious manner
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Hard working
• Able to work with a team or individually
• Motivated team player
In recent years, I have gained a variety of work experience and hope to continue to gain skills and knowledge in my second year of academic study. Some experiences include:
• I have visited a residential army camp twice which gained me a first aid qualification as well as helping me challenge myself mentally and physically whilst gaining new skills in organization, leadership and team work.
• Volunteered for my local under 10s football team in 2016, working with children for six weeks, helping them develop their skills.
• Participated in work experience working in a year 6 class, including special needs children, for one week whilst they were studying for exams, helping them with maths and English questions and helping them prepare to leave primary school.
• Completed the Gold Duke of Edinburgh in 2017 which helped me develop similar skills to the army week, but also helped me gain confidence in my leadership skills as well as being able to work under stressful situations and conditions such as harsh weather or helping my team find their way when lost.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|