My teaching methodology centres around the philosophy of example based learning coupled with an appreciation for creative approaches to academia. Within this, I believe that young people respond well to having their learning routed in their real world experiences, but also when encouraged to harness their creative skills when doing so , an approach which can be easily applied to a discipline such as sociology. Furthermore, I also believe it is important to teach in a way that allows young people to see the value of the curriculum even beyond the classroom, especially in terms of being more insightful and being more of a critical thinker, a result of igniting what I like to describe as their sociological imagination.
I am currently in my second year of university at the University of Warwick. I currently study sociology and am currently averaging at at 1st, hoping to complete a Masters degree specialising in Media and culture. I have a deep understanding of many areas of sociology ranging from Research methods (both quantitative and qualitative) and to Social theory. I also have experience working with young people. Most recently I took on a role an Assiatant Team Leader for 15-17 year old completing the National Citizen Service, helping to deliver workshops and training for volunteering placements. I am very passionate about education and helping young people achieve their their full potential and as a tutor I would work in line with such passions.
48 Hour cancellation policy
As a highly motivated and creative individual, I naturally work to perform every given task to the best of my ability but do so using a unique approach and perspective . Additionally, my experience coordinating numerous events has led me to thrive under pressure especially within fast paced environments. Furthermore, my interest in sociology and the inner workings of society has shown me the nuanced nature of social interactions ; such insights have helped me develop my interpersonal skills, which are vital in the working world.
University of Warwick October 2017- Present
- Currently studying towards a BA in Sociology- Averaging at 1st (72%)
Bishop Challoner Sixth Form September 2015 - June 2017
A Level’s Summer 2017:
● Philosophy and Ethics– A | Sociology - A | English Literature- B
Bishop Challoner Girls School (GCSE’s) September 2010 - June 2017
● 9 GCSE’s at A-B
National Citizen Service
Assistant Team Leader August 2020
● Supported, mentored and coached a team of 15-17-year-olds through the NCS programme. Encouraging them to tackle their hurdles and participate to their full potential, whilst assisting the Team Leader to deliver an engaging curriculum.
Warwick Hip Hop Society
Events Coordinator October 2019 - June 2020
● Responsible for organising and running numerous music appreciation events for students within the Warwick community, having to liaise with the student union, potential venues and society members in order to ensure that events represented their interests and needs.
4Talent Work Experience December 2018
● Was one of 20 chosen out of around 1000 candidates to partake in Channel 4’s annual work experience. This work experience involved gaining a feel for various departments ranging from 4sales to 4 creative, but also relied heavily on having strong creative skills as it involved group tasks such as creating a television brief and pitching ideas for an political charged advert.
Warwick Student Union
SU Ambassador October 2017 - July 2018
● This role involved promoting upcoming SU events and campaigns. In addition, a major part of the role involved working as a representative at a number of university open days offering insight to prospective students with regard to extra curricular activities at the university.
Volunteer January 2020 - Present
● In working with the organisation Kenilworth PHAB, this role involved delivering activities and assisting at weekly meetings that worked to bring together those with a range of special needs. My role also involved promoting social interaction skills and more importantly creating a judgement free atmosphere.
Warwick African and Caribbean Society
ACS Mentor October 2019- June 2020
● In being paired with a first year student studying the same course as myself , this role involved offering useful guidance in terms of thriving within independent learning. But this role also involved offering insight and support in terms of general university life, as well as managing the stress that comes from the former.
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
● Deeply interested in Qualitative social research, particularly with that exploring identity construction amongst disadvantaged young people.
● Also interested in promoting open dialogue about mental health both online and offline, especially among diasporic and ethnic minority communities.
● Vocally trained singer and songwriter - Sang as apart of the musical band in the show ‘an evening with verse writer’ which debuted at the Tristan Bates Theatre in March 2019, as well as for the show ‘Calm’ performed at the Hackney empire in August 2019,
● Also an Emerging Artist at the Roundhouse having partook in their community and collaboration project On track in partnership with Universal Music. This involved producing and performing in ‘Red letter’ a live music event at the roundhouse in April 2019.
(REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST)
sociology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking feminism lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|