My lessons utilise different learning resources to suit different learning styles (e.g. videos for auditory learners.) I also pace my lessons according to the needs of the student - slow learners will work at a gentler pace (lazy learners will not!) My teaching structure emphasises frequent practice and recall - that is how students prepare best for assessments.
I am an economics undergraduate and have 3 years of experience tutoring privately. Students I have taught have achieved 2 grades higher than their school's prediction. This is thanks to my practice-based teaching method. I also take an interest in extra-curricular subject competitions like the UKMT Maths Challenge.
University of Warwick Coventry, UK
BSc (Hons) Economics and Industrial Organization 2016-2020
Current: 68.5% (Upper Second)
St Olave’s Grammar School Orpington, UK
Mathematics (A), Economics (A), Physics (B), Chemistry (A), Further Mathematics (A)
Trinity School, Croydon Croydon, UK
Attained 10A* IGCSE qualifications 2009-2014
Biology, Chemistry, Chinese (Mandarin), English literature, English Language, Geography, German, Latin, Physics, Mathematics
(All exams are IGCSE with the exceptions of Chinese and Latin which are GCSE qualifications)
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Institute of Economic Affairs Westminster, London
Internship August 2018
• Produced a research project using STATA.
• Wrote literary articles, participated in debating & practiced public oration.
Private Tutor (Bromley, Greater London)
Self-employed 2016 - 2020
• Advertised locally and supported students in small classes and 1-on-1 sessions with self-prepared learning materials.
• GCSE students attained 2 grades higher than their predictions.
Mazars (London, UK)
Internship, Internal Audit July – August 2015
• Experience in handling data for established public sector organisations.
• Responsible for preparing audit summary documents as well as observing staff-client meetings.
• Reviewed client procurement records, using Microsoft Excel to itemize important and relevant invoices,
• Identified duplication of council maintenance payments, making significant savings.
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Academic - Intermediate STATA skills (statistical software programme).
- Head of Talks at the Warwick Economics Society (2018). Organised external speaker series featuring Sir
Vince cable & Ha-Joon Chang. Organised a series of internal debates. Led the winning team of the 2018
IEA debating competition.
- External relations coordinator, Warwick Africa Summit.
- Gold award in the 2015-16 UKMT Senior Math Challenge, scoring among the top 3% of candidates.
- Economics prefecture at St Olaves after founding a student led support group for A-level economics.
- Represented St Olaves in the London finals of the 2015 Target 2.0 competition.
- Sports Raised £700 for Cancer Research UK cycling from Luxembourg to London.
- Warwick 3rd XV Rugby.
- Music Trinity Guildhall grade 6 Alto saxophone, graded ABRSM piano and voice exams.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£12|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£60|
|10 hours||£130||Not available||£120|