For Primary and KS3 Maths and Science:
- I assign a worksheet as homework each week, and then go through the answers at the beginning of the lesson. These worksheets get progressively harder, and allows the students progression to be measured.
- I then go through my personally designed lesson plan, explaining the concepts by writing and drawing on my iPad screen.
- Once all the new concepts have been gone through, we then go through some questions so that they can apply what they have learnt.
- If applicable, we will play some games too.
GCSE and A-level/IB
- The student tells me what topic they would like to go over and I go through my resources on that topic (detailed presentations).
- Then we go through the topic-wise past paper questions.
- I follow the structure of the curriculum, going through my resources on a single topic each lesson until me progress to the next. (a mix of covering content and going through questions)
I am very flexible and am happy to adapt to how you would like to be taught.
I have been studying mechanical engineering at the University of Warwick for 2 years, and am aiming to achieve a masters.
I studied IB in Hong Kong, achieving 39/45:
HL Physics (6) HL Economics (6) HL Design Technology (6)
SL Maths (7) SL English LL (6) SL Chinese B (5)
TOK: B EE: A
I have taught numerous primary and KS3 students in maths and science, and have helped all of them move up a set in their maths class.
I have also taught numerous students in IB HL Physics, where I not only help teach content but also provide advice on exam revision techniques, how to write lab reports and how to manage stress levels.
I have also recorded tutorial videos on the entire GCSE physics syllabus, including topic-wise question solutions and past paper solutions.
University of Warwick
MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (First Year: 78%) 09/2019 - Current
Relevant Modules: Dynamics and Thermodynamics (80%) Electrical and Electronic Circuits (89%) Engineering Design (71%) Engineering Mathematics (89%) Systems Modelling, Simulation and Computation (87%)
International Baccalaurate (39/45) 10/2012 – 05/2019
Higher Level Subjects (out of 7): Economics (6) Design Technology (6) Physics (6)
Standard Level Subjects (out of 7): Maths (7) English (6) Chinese (5)
Warwick University Hyperloop Team 09/2020 – Current
• The primary researcher and designer for the linear induction motor technology required for the Hyperloop pod.
• Takes physics parameters and an understanding of electromagnetism and applies them to the design of elements under the scope of magnetics.
• Participate in project meetings, working in a team to combine the various pod components and contributes to technical reports, needed for competitions and sponsorships.
Warwick Engineers without Borders Society
Engagement Director and Outreach Officer 09/2020 – Current
• Provides UK University students with access to events through networking and publicity techniques.
• Works within the community by generating COVID-regulation abiding workshops for primary schools, teaching them about renewable energy and how to build their own wind turbine.
• Participates in weekly team meetings, helping plan future events and coordinates with other members
Self-Employed 06/2020 – Current
Primary and Secondary Maths and Science Tutor
• Provided weekly worksheets and progress charts for each student to track their progress.
• Designed lesson plans for each student depending on their ability and what they were studying in school.
• Worked with a multitude of curriculums, tutoring students from both the UK and Hong Kong.
MAST Education 06/2020 – Current
Primary and Secondary Maths Tutor
• Selected to help and support younger students in Hong Kong with mathematics.
• Built strong communication skills when breaking down complex concepts to students where their first language is not English.
• Managed working in a different time-zone and balancing multiple students’ schedules at once.
ASCEND Education 06/2020 – Current
IB HL/SL Physics Tutor
• Filmed tutorial videos explaining all concepts in the GCSE physics syllabus, worked through topic-wise question solutions and past-paper solutions, which will be available online soon.
• Tutor IB HL/SL physics students, using a multitude of resources like worksheets, presentations and past papers.
• Support IB students in achieving their best, whilst providing advice on maintaining stress levels, how to write lab reports and exam revision techniques.
Warwick Engineering Society 10/2019 – 03/2020
First Year Engineering Society Ambassador Warwickshire
• Assisted in the organisation of major events including society networking gatherings and conferences.
• Engaged with other engineering students and developed a network across the university.
• Learnt the inner workings of running a student-led society and event planning.
• Completed an online course from the University of Geneva: An Introduction to Particle Physics
• Autodesk Certification: Fusion360
Jessica is an excellent tutor and has really transformed my 13 year old daughter’s confidence with maths over the last couple of years. I wanted a positive female role model in a tutor who would demonstrate that females can be great at maths and Jessica has not disappointed. My daughter was struggling in the lower set of maths when we started and is now ahead of the year average, scoring 71% on her latest year-end exam. More importantly she is now enjoying maths.
Having worked alongside Jessica for a couple of years, I seen how hardworking, kind and patient she is a tutor. She is truly passionate about her subjects, and specialises in explaining concepts efficiently and effectively. All round lovely girl!
international baccalaureate lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|