I am a Celta qualified English as a second language tutor from Cambridge, England. I'm confident teaching beginner levels to upper intermediate levels. I like to concentrate on phonics, pronunciation, speaking and listening, reading and writing skills. I'm happy to design lessons to the students specific needs. I also teach academic skills and business English.
I have been teaching ESL for over three years both in the UK and in South East Asia. I have experience teaching large classes and small classes and also one to one tutoring. My students have successfully improved their English language levels in all four key areas. When teaching IELTS my students achieved a 6.5 average score.
Cambridge ESOL Level 5* Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA). Pass. City of Bristol College. Centre number 50507.
• 2010 - Bachelor of Science in the Joint School of Social Policy and Politics, with Second Class Honours (First Division). University of Bristol
• 2009 – East Asian policy and politics, City University of Hong Kong.
• 2007 - Access to Higher Education, Distinction in English Language, History and Sociology. Cambridge Regional College.
• 2002 - A Levels: Politics, Media Studies, History. Hills Road Sixth Form College Cambridge
• 2000 - GCSE’s: 10 A*-C including English Language A*. Parkside Academy. Cambridge.
• VP phonics box, Hanoi. Fulltime teacher in state primary school. I teach using a pre-designed English language computer program to supplement lessons to a set syllabus focusing on phonics. (September 2016-Present).
• Studio Cambridge, Cambridge. Fulltime teacher at Sir Laurence Summer camp. Subjects included academic skills, general communication, English topic lessons and British culture. Designed my own lessons and created lessons using resource books. Conducted placement tests. Created and marked weekly vocabulary tests. Set and marked homework. Wrote final reports for Students. (June-August 2016).
• British Education Partnership (Apollo): Fulltime teacher in state kindergarten, primary secondary and high school. Preparing and teaching lessons, taking mid term tests and end of term speaking tests. Updating online register with details of what was taught after every lesson. (September 2015-May 2016).
• Smart Corporation.; To Hoang, Mo Lao and Nguyen Trai Primary and Secondary Schools (5-14 years): Creating lessons/games/activities based on textbook materials; Solutions, Tieng Anh and Family and Friends. (September 2014-May 2015).
• Sunshine school evening centre; children aged 6-12years old. Jan 2015 to June 2016. Vinh Phuc, Ba Dinh.
• First School, DPT e360. Teaching lessons using Smart-boards and I-learn in addition to course books and interactive student centered activities. Testing and marking students speaking and listening tests. (August 2014 to February 2015).
• Canadian Maple Bear kindergarten International school. Summer school; English teacher (children aged 5-6 years old). Vincom Tower. (July 2014)
• Olympia language centre. English teacher (children aged 5-12 years old) 294, Cho Duong Cai, Van Lam, Hung Yen. (June to August 2014)
• LESH Language centre. English teacher (adults ages 18-30) 31 Giải Phóng street, Hai Bà Trưng district. (April 2014 to February 2015)
• English Teacher (January to March 2014) St Paul’s Community and Family Centre, Bristol, England.
- Teaching and planning lessons for fourteen adults to improve speaking and listening, reading and writing, vocabulary and grammar.
- Setting and marking homework.
- Working with the head of teaching to ensure a high standard of teaching was met.
• City University of Hong Kong. English Language tuition (children ages 5-12)
- Taught young learners speaking and listening, reading writing and grammar.
- Planned and taught lessons from a set syllabus.
- Helped students with school homework and prepare for exams.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|