I believe in the type of education that gives students chances to improve their language in an authentic way. Additionally, I am a passionate for writing, and this love is translated into strategies, didactics, tips and all type creatie support to provide students with the greatest ideas, and alternaties opportunities to explore their writing skill.
I count on 5 years experience teaching English. My academic formation includes a BA in TEFL and a Ma in TESOL. Additionally, I have gained a lot of experience by teaching in different countries (Colombia, USA, England and Poland) which allows me to understand the different paces and different ways of learning students may have, in order to understand and support them.
Name: Daniel López Salazar
Date of birth: January 20th, 1991
Current place of living: Leicester, England
Sept/2018 – Jan/2019 MA. TESOL, University of Leicester, UK
Feb/ 2012 – Jan/2017 BA. TEFL, Universidad Tecnológica de Perera,Colombia.
Aug/2018 – Present Wieliczka Montessori school. Wieliczka – Krakow, Poland.
• English and Spanish educator of young learners belonging to a Montessori oriented school, where the learner in the focus of the class.
Aug/2014 – Jun/2017 Foreign Language Institute (ILEX) for higher education. Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
• English educator of university students who must obtain certain level of Eng-lish language proficiency as a graduation requirement.
Feb/2013 – Dec/2015 CRISOL Corporation. Bird Watching program based on Content Language Inte-grated Learning (CLIL).
• English educator in CRISOL corporation which provides language education to vulnerable communities to strengthen their English language abilities bene-ficial to make them competitive in the field of ecotourism and bird watching programs.
Feb/2012 – Dec/2013 CRISOL Corporation. English language teaching program for teenagers.
• English educator of teenagers in a vulnerable community, with the objective of reaching outstanding language standards enabling them to pursuit profes-sional programs in higher education
Related working experience
Oct/2017 -- to present Student Ambassador of the English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU), University of Leicester, UK.
• Developing extracurricular activities (English clubs, Movie discussions, games afternoons) and events (UK tours, cultural exchange events) with stu-dents who are taking English courses before being enrolled in a program at University of Leicester.
Feb 20 – Feb 25/2017 Leadership and Innovation Programme. British Council. Norwich, UK.
• Scholarship awarded by the British council to travel to UK, to receive training by NILE (Norwich Institute for Language Education) regarding project man-agement on language education.
Oct/2016 – Jun/2017 Secretary and one of the coordinators of CLEA (Colombian Leaders ELT Associ-ation), British Council. Colombia
• Setting up agendas and minutes, coordinating and organizing different tasks (webinars, conferences) with ELT leaders around Colombia, in order to create a network to learn, reflect and discuss around the language teaching field.
June/2016 – July/2016 Volunteer at Hage-Hogan Basketball summer camp. Brockport, New York.
• Basketball and physical education coach at a summer camp that aimed to promote sports and healthy life style on elementary and middle school stu-dents of Brockport Highschool. NY.
Languages: Spanish: Native
English: TOEFL C1 (March 25/2017)
IELTS C1 (May 20/2017)
Software: Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
Photoshop, Corel Draw, video making and edition
Aug/2018 – Present Position: English and Spanish Teacher
Wieliczka Montessori School
Principal: Simon Messing
Oct/2017 – Aug/2018 Position: ELTU Ambassador
ELTU (English Language Teaching Unit)
Readson House, 96-98 Regent Road.
Aug/2014 – Jun/2017 Position: English Teacher
ILEX (Foreign Language Institute)
Dr. Clemencia Gonzales
+57 (concealed information)
Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira
Facultad de Bellas Artes, sector Alamos.
For me, Daniel is an excellent teacher, who knows how to share his knowledge casually. I understood everything he explained (especially concerning English grammar) and really liked his patient, easy-to-understand manner.
He has amazing methodologies to teach. I learned a lot.
Daniel is such a passionate teacher. He really has strong knowledge about what he is teaching. I trully recommend him!!
facebook lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest whatsapp lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, google chrome lessons for all!
Taking blog writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|