I like to build relationships with tutees to ensure that the tutoring sessions are efficient and enjoyable at the same time. I also value the importance of an active role of the parents in their child's education therefore I will give regular updates and discuss with them what they can do to help their children.
As a student, I believe that a good exam technique is equally important as knowing the content therefore in tutoring sessions, I will guide the tutees and help them tackle exam questions without giving away too much! Many young students also don't know how to revise so I will be helping them develop their exam and revision techniques.
KCL undergraduate studying BSc Maths with Management and Finance. I studied Maths, Furthermaths and Physics at the best Maths specialist state school in the country (based on A Level results) and achieved A*AA respectively, as well as an A in AS Economics. I achieved a Grade 9 at GCSE Level and am very familiar with the new specification.
I have experience in tutoring as I was a Maths Mentor and Maths Ambassador in Year 10 and 11 respectively. There was an open session where students could come for help on any questions or topics they didn't understand. Furthermore, I previously volunteered at a local secondary school where I helped GCSE students, who weren't meeting their targets, for one hour once a week.
Travel costs will be discussed on a case-by-case basis, depending on the agreed location.
Cancellation Policy - Please give notice 72 hrs prior to the lesson. If notice is given between 48-72 hrs, you will be charged 50% of the lesson. If notice is given in less than 24 hrs, you will be charged 100% of the lesson.
GCSE Mathematics - 9
AS Level Economics - A
A Level Mathematics - A*
A Level Further Mathematics - A
A Level Physics - A
Senior Maths Challenge - Gold (Twice)
TEACHING ASSISTANT, QUEENSBERRY NURSERY, LONDON (JUNE 27-JULY 8 WORK EXPERIENCE)
Assisting the teacher in the general running of the class and when necessary taking over a lesson.
- Managing younger children, exercising a high level of patience, to ensure good student behavior and effective work habits.
- Communicating with students in an appropriate manner to ensure the information taught is being understood.
- Communicating and relaying information to the teacher in relation to the style of teaching.
- Creating a strong rapport with students to ensure respect for the classroom.
PRIVATE TUTORING, LONDON
Able to apply my numeracy and literacy skills in a teaching environment to support younger students who may have difficulty getting a grasp of topics, or who may want to challenge themselves.
- Time management and scheduling skills developed in order to ensure a syllabus was taught in an efficient and timely manner
- Confidence and creativity was required to ensure the tutee was confident I knew my syllabus and could help them understand it in a simpler way
AUDIT INTERN, BDO LLP, LONDON (JULY 23-AUGUST 3 2018)
I worked in a professional office environment and developed my professional and personal relationships while working on client side relations.
- Acquaintance with the formation of contracts in a workplace and everyday life
- Performing errands in a timely manner
AUDIT INTERN, PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS, LONDON (AUGUST 6-10 2O18)
I developed my collaborative skills, as I had to work with colleagues situated across various offices around the UK to develop and deliver a presentation.
- Producing a plan and presentation on various engagement strategies.
- Sticking to deadlines
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|