I'm a young student at a sixth form with 15 years of experience in violin (I am now at a grade 8 standard), along with around 8 years in piano. Recently, I've drifted away from music, and I'd love to pick it up again by showing others how wonderful it really is! With so many years immersed in music, the explanation of how to both read and play it comes easily to me. Therefore, I'm much more of a confident and relaxed teacher - one that is able to convey things in half the time of someone else. Whereas I am firm, and always stick to lesson plans that involve both theory and practical, the atmosphere I strive for is friendly and warm; I believe in positive reinforcement and helpful guidance.
In my past, I was in the National Children's Orchestra, studied with a teacher at the Menuhin School of Music, and was one of the youngest first violins in the Corelli orchestra at Berkshire Maestros. Now, I lead an orchestra, and am much more involved with musical theatre - my passion for teaching came from the wonderful experiences of participating in 5 musicals! Since then, or about 8 months ago, I've been teaching informal lessons at school - unfortunately, exam scheduling meant the number of students that drop out is higher than the number that can actually stay in lessons. However, in our short time, I taught all of my students how to read music, and even those who only had one trial lesson were able to play a finished piece at the end.
If you have no means of getting a violin, I have a full-size and a quarter-size violin available to bring with me to each lesson. I'll gladly bring one along to try out, but as I'm renting the full-size violin, I'd gladly accept, if it's at all possible, a (non-compulsory) £2-3 donation per lesson I bring it to cover rent fees. Thank you!
- Taught with the Suzuki method
- Violinist at Berkshire Maestros for over 10 years
- Have been the leader of around 3 orchestras
- Learnt with a teacher at the Menuhin School of Music
- Performed at the Royal Albert Hall twice
- Also performed in tours and competitions in Leicester, Birmingham, Cornwall, Kent, Paris, Tuscany, Prague - and as of this year, Normandy
- Grade 8 at violin, self-taught Grade 4 on piano, and Grade 5 on guitar
- Also able to play the viola and cello
- Performed in the musical ensemble of Hairspray, Les Miserables, We Will Rock You, an original musical ('Our Estate'), and as of this year, Sweeney Todd
- Member of two choirs
- Current leader of an orchestra
- Dedicated and passionate about teaching music to others; I strongly believe it can bring a sort of joy that nothing else in this world can, and it would be my privilege to introduce that!
balalaika lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|