I have been teaching Italian (besides English, Spanish and French) for several years and I am currently tutoring at the Centre for Open Languages (Italian department) of the University of Edinburgh.
These experiences, alongside my academic background (MA, MSc, BA), my CELTA certificate and other certificates of linguistic excellence, (probably) make me the right fit to help you achieve your full potential.
I apply a content integrated approach tailored to your communicative needs, which fosters active learning and steady progress. (No miracles, though - expect some homework.) All lesson material will be provided.
On a personal level, I am friendly and easy to get along with, flexible and patient, whatever your age and level.
I have tutored in a variety of contexts and settings: in private schools, companies and associations, for groups as well as individual students. Also, I have worked as an academic tutor at both the University of Bologna and Heriot-Watt University.
Having graduated not only in Italy (Bologna), but also in Scotland (Heriot-Watt) and France (University of Avignon), I have gained a deep insight into a number of cultures and experienced different academic systems, while promoting a passion for my mother country, tongue, and culture.
- MA in Conference Interpreting
University of Bologna (Italy), Mar/2010-Mar/2013
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
University of Cambridge ESOL – TeacherTraining, Milan (Italy), Sep/2010-Jan/2011
- MSc in Translating and Conference Interpreting with distinction
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Sep/2006-Nov/2007
- BA in English Language and Civilization and Spanish Language and Civilization
Université d’Avignon (France), Sep/2005-Jul/2006
- Tutor of Italian, University of Edinburgh, Sept/2016-present
- Applied English and Interpreting, Heriot-Watt University, Aug/2016-present
- Italian English Interpreting, University of Bologna, 2014-2015
- Language and Culture Courses, F1 Team Toro Rosso, Faenza, 2011-2014
- Member of the Examining Board Commission, Chamber of Commerce of Forlì-Cesena, 2011
- Courses for the 'Santa Justa' community, Seville (Spain), 2004
English, French and Spanish teacher
- SAGA Group LTD, Folkestone, Kent, 2015-2016
- Primary and Secondary School, Marri-S.Umiltà, Faenza (Italy), 2014-2015
- Cambridge ESOL Courses, Today School of English, Faenza, 2011-2012
- In-Company and Vocational Training Courses, ENFAP Emilia-Romagna (Italy), 2010-2015
I am also a published translator, interpreter and licensed tourist guide.
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - italian lessons for all!
Taking written expression - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|