I like to be very free and flexible. Depending on what you need the most help with, that is what we will be focused on first, whether it is day to day conversation or vocabulary! When I tutor, I find it most important to enjoy when learning a language. Our first lesson will help us structure how you want our future lessons to go and what you want to achieve.
I have been peer mentoring throughout my 1st and 2nd year at university, as well as giving private 1-2-1 lessons online. I have also tutored classes up to 30 students, ages 11-16, helping them to achieve HSK2 from no prior experience in one academic year.
Cancellation policy: Full refund if cancelled 72 hours prior to the start of the lesson.
Aston University, Birmingham (Sep’19 - Jun’22)
Biomedical Engineering (BEng)
- Modules studied: Mathematics for Engineers, Engineering science, Software Engineering, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Electronic Engineering, German
- Gained practitioner experience in a group tasked to create a digital pulse oximeter. Utilising market research to create a more affordable and easier to use pulse oximeter. Enhancing communication skills engaging with staff and presenting the product.
- IMechE affiliate
- Course Representative attending regular committee meetings to represent fellow student views.
Northampton Academy, Northampton (Sep’11 - Jul ‘18)
3 A levels - Maths, Chemistry, Biology, grade B;
AS - Further Maths, A;
9 GCSEs grades A*-B, including Maths, A* and English, B
Northampton Academy, Northampton (Sep’18 - Jul’19)
- Excellent communication skills for working with children (ages 11-16), other teachers and parents.
- Strong organisational skills, developing my own curriculum and lesson plans.
- Helped students achieve up to HSK2 Qualification from no prior knowledge of Mandarin in one academic year.
Travis Perkins, Northampton (Oct’18 - Jul’19)
Temporary Office Worker, New Accounts
- Hired to help clear the backlog of applications (up to 2002) which needed to be uploaded to a new platform, to the correct accounts.
- Developed perseverance, working effectively under pressure.
- Achieved my self-set goal of completing 2000 applications daily compared to the average of 500 by fellow colleagues.
- Full, clean, UK Driving License.
- IT: Proficient user of MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel, used for degree assignments and project reports.
- European Computer Driving License (2016).
- Languages: HSK 4 proficiency in Mandarin, conversational German & Cantonese.
- Level 3 Qualification in Sports Leadership (HSL3), independently organising events and teaching PE lessons between ages 11 - 16, working with both able and disabled children.
Interests & Achievements:
- Captain of the Aston University Student Union Ladies Volleyball Team, in my first year of university with no prior experience in volleyball for my athletic ability and can-do attitude. Organising fixtures with University teams and scheduling weekly training sessions.
- Instagram food page with almost 2,000 followers, actively posting since June.
- Passion for sustainability and self-development, consistently making a conscious effort for organic and health foods. Recently discovering a new app, called GIKI-zero for concise, tailored steps to decrease my own carbon-footprint.
Melody has a way of making learning fresh and fun! She is really patient and will explain it in a way you understand. It’s been a great pleasure to be able to learn from Melody. Thank you!
Melody is cheerful, patient, willing to help to solve your problems! She is good on English, Mathematic, Science etc, even She had been taught Mandarin in her graduated secondary school before!
No doubt highly recommend!
Calm and understanding when students goes wrong and patient to the point she's the best teacher!
I have known melody for many years she is a very talented and intelligent person who makes studying look fun. She has an amazing and unique way of approaching tests which makes her good practicing at stress management techniques and ways to understand what questions are actually asking you for. She is also very talented in many areas of science, maths and languages.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking cantonese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|