My teaching method is going through topic by topic followed by past exam question on that topic. I assess students every 4 weeks on previously taught content to make sure they are on track and haven't forgotten.
All my lessons start with aims and objectives for today lesson and then at the end they are referred back to see if the aims and objectives are met.
I am an Accountant aswell as a tutor. I teach students after work and on weekends. I have taught 30+ students till now ranging from GCSE maths to Bsc accounting and management undergraduate. All my students have achieved great and effective results to help them develop in their career paths.
Travelling outside east london can vary my fees depending on the area.
SYED AWAIS AHSAN- (concealed information)8
09/2018 - 09/2019 MSc Accounting and Finance (Merit), University of Essex
Delved into advanced accounting and corporate finance with a special interest in Financial Reporting and ethical considerations in the accounting profession.
• Dissertation: Factors affecting postgraduate student career choices. (75%)
• Cases in Corporate Governance (75%)
• Financial reporting
09/2015 – 07/2018 BSc Accounting and Management (2:2), Queen Mary University of London
Acquired strong knowledge on financial markets and institutions, company valuation, and corporate governance and accountability.
• Business Law
• Management Accounting
09/2013 – 06/2015 A Levels (Final Grade), Loxford School of Science and Technology
• Urdu - A
• Religious Studies - A
• Business Studies - B
04/2019-09/2019 Research Project in Accounting and Management, University of Essex
Title: Factors affecting career choice in postgraduate accounting students.
Supervisor: Dr Rebecca Warren
• Conduction of detailed literature review using journal databases (Elsevier, Bloomberg etc)
• Design of Survey using Google Forms
• Completion of application for ethical approval
• Design of advertising material
• Recruitment of participants that fit specific criteria
• Data Analysis and Interpretation using Excel and SPSS (Socioeconomic Background Data, Survey responses).
03/2019 Research Proposal: Factors affecting career choice in postgraduate accounting students. University of Essex
03/2018 Project Presentation: Need for Accountants in the future? Queen Mary University of London
01/2017 Project Presentation: Lack of diversity in the accounting boardroom Queen Mary University of London
06/2019 – ongoing Assistant Accountant, Ashton Coopers & Co London
• Responsible for managing portfolio of over 100 companies from
accounts preparation to taxation for limited companies.
• Preparing VAT returns for 250 companies spread over quarterly and yearly period and dealing directly with queries from clients
• Informing staff and clients about procedural and regulatory requirements displaying excellent communication skills.
• Running Payroll monthly, submitting RTI’s, applying for SMP and nest pension online filing.
• Registering and Deregistering companies for VAT.
• Submitting tax returns and computations and amended returns where necessary.
• Ensures compliance in all financial transactions by indexing and
verifying files in accordance with updated company policies, industry standards, and legal regulations.
05/2018 – 09/2019 Retail Store Supervisor, Razi Telecom, London
• Conducted deposits to financial institutions and processed accounts payable and receivable payments for vendors.
• Maintained and expanded individual & business relationships and cultivated new business relationships with other store branches, local businesses and community members.
• Drafted daily and weekly reports, ensured accurate inclusive inventory and conducted store meetings.
• Planned and prepared work schedules to meet the needs of the store displaying excellent time management skills.
09/2014 – 02/2015 Assistant Support Teacher, Loxford Primary School, London
• Committed to regular meetings.
• Assist with academic work and help student identify specific skills they need to improve to reach their goals.
• Encourage to aspire to higher education.
• Assist students in applying novel approaches to course content.
• Serve as liaison between staff and students, transmitting information and exchanging views
• Make use of audiovisual technological devices/aides (such as radio aids, projectors) and other adaptations during the delivery of the lessons.
• English and Urdu (native)
• Punjabi and Hindi (Proficient)
• Spanish (Intermediate)
• SPSS (proficient)
• VT transactions+, Payroll Manager, Taxcalc, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Power Point and Outlook (proficient)
Full Driving Licence
• Organising roadtrips in national parks around the UK
• Organising international trips with family and friends
• Is your Accountant adding value to your business?
Available upon request
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, management lessons for all!
Taking finance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|