I like to understand what support the student is looking for. Whether they are wanting help with their homework or topics they are studying at school and would like to improve their grades. I offer face to face sessions but also sessions via Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. I achieved a First with 81% overall.
I am open to teach students of all ages. I am flexible with what subjects I teach and will adapt to your needs and requirements.
My rates vary depending on the age/education level of the student
Ages 8-13 (Year 3-8) £15 per session
Ages 14-17 (Year 9-11) £20 per session
I have achieved a First-Class Degree (81%) in BA Hons Accounting and Finance from De Montfort University. By having great oral and written communication skills, I gained financial and numerical skills from my experience of working in the finance sector. I have experience of extracting, analysing, and interpreting financial information effectively for both financial and non-financial people. I am an ambitious, outgoing, and friendly person which strengthens how I work in a team and independently. I am looking to secure a graduate role in the Finance sector, ideally while studying ACCA as I am a member of ACCA Accelerate.
- Progressed from an overall of 50% in my second year of university to leaving university with 81%
- Reduced two months of backlog in just two weeks, which really impressed my manager at SPS Technologies
- Achieved 99% in my final year Audit & Assurance exam
Accounting and Technical Skills
- I am highly competent at using Microsoft Excel and extremely confident with using advanced features of Excel such as vlookups, if functions, creating and using pivottables, macros, charts and graphs etc. I am currently working towards the Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2019 course.
- Some accounting software skills I am confident in using, was gained through my work experience such as using Aurora at Greencore, OpenAccounts at TES, Oracle and Coins at the NHS CCG. I am a quick learner when using new software.
- I am experienced in processing over 250 invoices per day, from working at TES, after printing and sorting them meaning it was crucial to manage my time efficiently to ensure all invoices were logged so they could be paid in time. This also improved my attention to detail as it was critical to avoid making errors.
- My work experience increased my commercial awareness of how accounting works at various, different firms and industries.
Planning and Organising
- I enjoy working towards set targets as it allows me to assess the progress I am making and helps to improve my skills and performance. I prioritise my tasks in order of importance to ensure that I meet strict deadlines whilst producing high quality work. This skill has greatly improved over my gap year at university, taken out to gain experience, as each role required different methods to complete the tasks.
- I can apply discipline, knowledge, and concepts. I have shown initiative during my time at SPS Technologies where my colleague was failing to meet the deadlines. I stepped up and took half of the workload to help meet the deadline.
- My second-year modules were heavily reliant on group work which developed my ability to communicate effectively with a range of people from different backgrounds.
- I can communicate in a clear, concise manner. Many modules at university included giving presentations. This experience boosted my confidence immensely as I can present both verbally and non-verbally more successfully.
- Working at Countryside Properties overseeing 15 huge suppliers meant I had to provide excellent customer service by adapting my communication skills, listening, and ensuring their concerns and needs were met.
Accounting & Finance
De Montfort University
Final Year Modules: Achieved First Class with 81%
Advanced Corporate Finance (83%), Advanced Corporate Taxation (79%),
Advanced Financial Reporting (75%), Advanced Decision Management (74%),
Liquidity & Financial Risk Management (83%), Managerial development & control (68%),
International developments in Accounting (74%), Audit and Assurance (99%)
Accounting & Finance
Sheffield Hallam University
Second Year Modules: Management Accounting Applications; Financial Accounting and Reporting; Financial Management; Financial Risk Management; Progressing Professional Development; Corporate Law, Audit and Regulation
First Year Modules: Management Accounting; Financial Accounting; Business Economics; Financial Analysis for Business; The Professional Accountant
King Ecgbert School Sixth Form
(2014-2016) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Merit Distinction);
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care (Distinction*);
A-level Maths (D)
King Ecgbert School
Mathematics (A); English Literature & Language (AA); Triple Science (BBC); Business Studies (M); History (C); RE (B); Computing (C); DT Resistant Materials (C)
Sep 19-Oct 19
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Countryside Properties UK (Grove Park, 1 Penman Way, Leicester LE19 1SY)
Being a purchase ledger taught me a lot about management. I oversaw 15 large suppliers, from invoicing/crediting, handling queries and chasing purchase orders, ensuring they were correct and up to date. I was their main point of contact so it was important for me to know where all the relevant information could be found regarding each supplier.
Aug 19-Sep 19
Accounts Payables Clerk
SPS Technologies (Troon Industrial Area, 191 Barkby Rd, Leicester LE4 9HX)
I was an interim accounts payables clerk and I was mainly inputting invoices as I was hired to help reduce a backlog of invoices. I occasionally helped to reduce the workload of others.
Apr 19- Jun 19
Accounts Payables Clerk
TES Institute (3 St Paul’s Place, Floor 4, 129 Norfolk Street, Sheffield, S1 2JE)
This role allowed me to increase my accuracy in data entry. Processing over 200 invoices per day meant my attention to detail greatly improved. Handling queries allowed me to experience many ways to resolve invoice discrepancies and issues. Remittances & creating purchase orders were also part of my daily tasks.
Jan 19- Feb 19
NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG (Scarsdale, Nightingale Close, Chesterfield, S41 7PF)
I was completing general tasks such as managing forms like GC1s and travel expense refunds; uploading files like PHB and GMS; handling post; petty cash and banking. My main task was invoice query management; ensuring invoices were sent to the relevant department.
Jul 18- Nov 18
Assistant Financial Accountant
Greencore Food To Go (Manton Wood Enterprise Park, Worksop, S80 2RS)
My role consisted of tasks such as bank reconciliation, posting and balancing payments and receipts; managing petty cash; filling out monthly VAT Returns; price and quantities; collaborating with the other teams to complete this; concluding tax packs and P11D’s on a monthly basis. This was done for 4 of their 9 sites including their main site, Manton Wood.
Interests and Other Qualifications
- Reading a range of genres such as fiction/scientific/academic I can broaden my knowledge. I like to keep up with events around the world by reading articles on BBC News and the Financial Times.
- During my spare time, I like to socialise by meeting with family and friends. I think it is of great importance to spend time with loved ones as I find it relaxing and it allows me to build relationships.
- I am hoping to take my Microsoft Office Specialist Exam 2019 in 6 months’ time
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|