My teaching method is both student-centered involving personalized teaching and low-tech involving differentiated instruction. I employ micro-teaching skills where I plan, teach, observe, re-plan, re-teach and re-observe to ensure efficient and effective student learning. I give and receive constructive feedback
I am a chartered accountant with a passion for teaching. I have been lecturing in a university for the past seven years. Also, I have experience in teaching further education students in AAT and HNC. I have also tutored students from Queen Mary's University and King's College University
An experienced lecturer in accountancy with several years’ experience teaching postgraduate, undergraduate and professional students. The subjects taught include Financial Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Financial Reporting, Public Sector Accounting, Auditing, Business Mathematics and Corporate Strategy and Governance.
Moreover, I have three years’ experience teaching further education students AAT, HNC and computerised accounting courses. I am currently looking for an accounting lecturing position in a university or a college
I possess excellent teaching skills appropriate to further education and tertiary education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. I expect to develop high-quality, research-informed teaching at all levels and to contribute to the development of teaching and the curriculum.
I am an entrepreneurial academic who enjoys working in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment whilst enthusiastic in collaborating with colleagues in teaching and research.
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ghana (ICAG)
• Master in Business Administration (MBA)
• Master in Science in Accounting & Finance (MSC)
• CGLI Level 4 FE Teaching Stage 1
• Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ghana (ICAG)
• Good presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Computer literate with knowledge of and experience in SAP, Sage Line 50, Oracle, Financial Management System (FMS), Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Access and Word
• Good excel skills
• Business aware and knowledge of the real world
• Confident and pleasant accountant with an organised approach.
• Supportive team player and leader.
• Self-motivated, self-assertive and with good report writing skills.
• Maintain good working relationships with partners to assure better outcomes
• Customer focused with a passion for delivering excellent service
• Has a wider financial perspective on issues, including active support, analysis and independent view when required.
• Produce clear, succinct and well-structured written work which creates a positive impact on the recipient(s)
• A qualified fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
TEACHING EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Mar19 – Current – Lecturer (p/t)
Hertford Regional College – Lecturer (AAT: Levels 2-4)
• Working effectively in Finance
• Ethics for Accountants
• Managing Accounting: Decision and Control
Oct 11 – Current
Central University – Lecturer (Undergraduate level)
• Financial Reporting
• Advanced Accounting
• Intermediate Accounting
• Public Sector Accounting
• Business Mathematics
Feb 14 - May 14
University of Professional Studies, Accra – Lecturer (MBA Graduate level)
• Financial Management
• Financial Reporting
Jan 12 - Oct 12
Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana) Training School – Lecturer
• Financial Reporting
• Corporate Strategy and Governance
Oct 10 – June 11
• Mentored, coached and tutored a final year student at Queen Mary’s College, University of London
• Mentored, coached and tutored a second year student at King’s College, University of London.
Jan 06 –June 08
Lambeth College in London– Part-time evening lecturer
• Computerised Accounting:
• City & Guilds - Sage Line 50-– Level 1
Jan 05 – Jan 08
City of Westminster College in London– Part-Time evening lecturer
• AAT – all levels to technician level
• HNC – Accounting and Business Decision Making
NON-TEACHING EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
August 05 – June 2011
Financial Training & Development Manager – Lambeth Council, SW8, London
I identified financial management and financial systems learning needs of management and staff and developed appropriate training. I also assessed the financial learning needs and
undertook the development, planning, monitoring and evaluating of appropriate training. Moreover, I provided a lead role in the development of, and training in, computer based and manual financial management information systems and processes.
August 01 – August 05
Budget Officer – Haringey Council, N22, London
I maintained the substance misuse budget and produced the monthly budget monitor as well as closing accounts. I raised debtors’ invoices and monitored income receipts. I prepared monthly cash returns and reconciliations. I compiled grant claims and arranged appropriate supporting documentation. I profiled budgets and supported budget holders with financial information and advice.
Oct 93 – August 01
Income Recovery Officer – Haringey Council, N22, London
As a member of the Best Value Committee in Temporary Accommodation, I participated fully in reviewing processes. I also compiled benchmarking data and visited other local authorities in the Benchmarking Club to challenge and compare processes.
As income recovery officer, I managed the rent accounts of homeless clients to minimise indebtedness. I also produced management information to support line management.
May 92 – Oct 93
I looked after sick relative after major surgery
Feb 89 – Apr 92:
Trainee Accountant / Office Manager – Daniel’s & Co, N11, London
I reviewed clients systems and made recommendations on improvements. I prepared final accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies. I also carried out ad-hoc investigations and reports. I carried out personal, corporation and capital gains tax computations. I provided budgeting, treasury advice, cash and working capital management. I liaised with Inland Revenue and Customs & Excise. Finally, I conducted the audit of small and medium-sized companies and organisations.
Jan 84 – December 1988
Night Concierge – Royal Lancaster Hotel
Advised customers on sightseeing tours, theatres, restaurants and generally made their experience in the hotel an unforgettable experience
Aug 74 – December 83
Assistant Internal Auditor – Auditor General’s Department
Pre-auditing, stores control, investigations and staff management
University of South Bank – 1999 – 2000
Master of Science in Accounting & Finance
London Metropolitan University – 1995-1998
Masters in Business Administration
Emile Woolfe College – 1998
ACCA – Level 3 - Final
South West London College – 1988 -1989
ACCA Level 2
Institute of Professional Studies 1973-1974
ACCA Level 1
Institute of Professional Studies 1972
RSA 2 & 3
Reading and watching football
AUGUST 2011 – Prince 2 Project Management
SEP 2000- 2011
Volunteer Management Consultant - Centreprise, London
Prepare the quarterly management accounts and report
• Investigate variances
• Management advice
• Management consultancy including recruitment and marketing advice
Available on request
Perfect! Joseph explained everything clearly and was always helpful. He is an excellent tutor.
Lessons going well with Timothy. I'm hoping he'll achieve his aim of an 'A' in the impending exams.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, financial management lessons for all!
Taking ACCA lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|