I provide tuition that is personally tailored to the needs of each individual student.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Maths from age 11 to 16 (i.e. up to GCSE) plus refresher courses for adults. Most recently I also offer English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) at Introductory level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Cert.Ed. (1972) a B.A (1976) and an M.Ed.(1997). More recently, I qualified ACoT-TESOL in 2010
- How much do you charge?
The initial assessment is free, then my fee is £30 for each one-hour lesson for one-to-one tuition. Group tuition fees are negotiable.
- Where do you teach?
I usually teach at students' homes within a five-mile radius of my home in Kemptown, Brighton. For students further afield, negotiable terms apply. I also offer lessons by Skype (local,regional or national).The Skype fee is £20 per hour.
- When are you available?
I tutor weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings (exceptionally Saturday mornings), academic termtime or holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach mainly secondary-school age pupils from 11 up to GCSE but also (increasingly) some younger (or indeed adult) students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Mainly GCSE but a number of alternatives too.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I now offer online tutoring by Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I look forward to working with you !
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been a Teacher/Tutor since 1972 ! Since then, I have taught and/or tutored in London, Hampshire, Sussex, Gibraltar and Spain.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, for some years, I have had the full enhanced disclosure certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
The University of London Institute of Education, The Open University, Fairfax University and The (Royal-Chartered) College of Teachers..
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Yes, I'm a member of ATL, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Currently ( early 2018) about half a dozen (the number constantly changes) children, teenagers or adults in Brighton and surrounding areas.
"Just a few lines to thank you and your team for the excellent promotional video. As a Maths tutor I've had very little experience of this sort of thing. However, from the outset I was very impressed by the efficiency and professional approach of both the initial interviewer/filmer..and indeed yourselves in the subsequent polishing and processing...I must say I'm very pleased with the outcome."
• B.A., Cert.Ed., ACoT-TESOL
• Full Enhanced CRB, September 2013
• ATL (Association of Teachers and Lecturers)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|