I am looking to teach classics at GCSE or A-level, however would be happy tutoring to a younger audience. I can also teach English literature and Language to primary students. I am also available for exam prep for essay subjects; such as English, History, Drama and Religious Studies.
My teaching style is interactive with discussion and debate being a highly important part. I also feel that visually stimulating material is important and go for a multi-media approach.
I am a student at the University of Bristol, studying Ancient History. I am dedicated both to my own studies and to broadening the knowledge of others and feel as though everyone should have the opportunity to have dedicated teaching.
I have worked with children before, teaching and leading a group to a successful end, and have given multiple academic lectures on the topic of classics.
For Primary students I will do a rate of £12 an hour in person and £10 an hour online.
Cancellation needs to have at least 24 hour notice.
2012 - Academic Scholarship
2018 - Academic Scholarship
2018 - Drama Scholarship
2012 – 2020
Portsmouth High School (GDST), Hampshire
9 GCSE/IGCSE’s (1A* 4A’s 3B’s and 1C)
A-levels – Drama & Theatre Studies A
- Classical Civilisations A
- Fine Art A
- EPQ A
University of Bristol
Ancient History BA (Currently studying)
• Certified Junior First Aider having completed a course with St. Johns Ambulance (Expires January 2022)
• Full UK Driving License
• Academic Scholarship for Sixth Form
• Drama Scholarship for Sixth Form
• I have worked in the role of a mentor to younger students, fostering an empathetic approach to problem solving.
• Confident IT skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop and Video editing software
• Fundraising and Activism – Over the past two I have worked closely with two charities (Children on the Edge and Society of St. James’), to fundraise and raise awareness of the issues the charities support. Collectively we have managed to raise over £15,000 for the charities. I am also a vocal supporter of many socio-political movements such as #metoo, Climate Change awareness and Black Lives Matter.
• Theatre – I have a interest in theatre, and especially looking at social change through theatre, such as ‘Cardboard Citizens’ work with homeless people in order to give them an outlet. I have also worked to produce and direct of a production of Antigone with a cast of younger students, showing my ability to both lead a group effectively but to also assert my own vision onto a task.
• I also have an interest in Ancient History; specifically, Ancient Greek literature and have chosen to study this to degree level.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£120|