I base sessions on what the tutee needs to focus on most (eg, focussing on subjects studied at school/exam prep etc) as well as throwing in some topics that are of personal interest to the tutee.
Grammar is important, but fluency and comprehension are too so my lessons are a split of grammar, reading and oral practice.
I am a recent graduate from the University of St Andrews where I got my degree in French with spoken French. I have lived in France, where I taught English in French schools, as well as giving private tutoring sessions.
Due to the nature of my job, I would like to request that any cancellations are made at least 48 hours before the lesson is scheduled. If a cancellation is within 48 hours of the lesson I will ask for 50% of the lesson price.
For rescheduling I ask that any changes are communicated at least 48 hours before the lesson is scheduled, but as the lesson will take place, no charge will be incurred.
Lauren (Laurie) Smith MA(Hons) (WIYA)
EDUCATION University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland
Graduate: French with Spoken French, with Distinction in Spoken French
Dissertation topic: A collaboration of resistance: The impact of female Resistance fighters during the Algerian War of Independence
EXPERIENCE Starbucks, Royal Mile, Edinburgh, Scotland March 2019-Present
• Working as a Barista in a fast-paced environment as part of a team to deliver the world-renowned Starbucks quality customer service for every person who visits
• Making a variety of espresso-based, iced and speciality drinks
• Cash handling
French Ministry of Education, Bléré and Montrichard, France October 2016-April 2017
English Language Assistant, English
• Plan and execute lessons to improve students’ English level (focus on oral/auditory skills)
• Present US and UK customs and traditions to encourage an understanding of English culture
Byre Theatre/Residential and Business Services December 2015 – Present
• Working as a waitress, member of bar staff and catering service member as part of a team
• Serving hot and cold drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic (including cocktails and coffee)
• Serving food (table service), setting up and clearing tables for a range of services
• Stock management
• Cash handling experience (end-of-day cashing up, taking orders to input on an electronic system)
• Responsible for opening and closing the bar/restaurant when on morning and night shifts
Au Pair (International Nanny), June - August 2015/June-August 2018
Alsace, France/Annecy, France
• Working with two young children, cooking, helping with homework, taking and picking up from school, general day care during summer holidays
Chesterfield Golf Club Restaurant, Chesterfield, England September 2012 – December 2013
• Taking orders, delivering table service
• Setting and clearing tables for a range of functions
• Working events with up to 250 diners at a time
Retina Dance Company, Nottingham, England December 2012
Marketing Assistant Intern
• Organise and package flyers ad posters to be shipped internationally
• Helped set up the Company’s feedback questionnaire for their current performance
• Part of the team involved in the organisation of the Company’s archives containing over a decade’s-worth of stock.
• Competitive triathlete (competing for the University of St Andrews (Jan 2018- June 2019))
• UKCC Level 1 Trampoline coach
• Long-distance running (half marathons and marathons competed, normally for charity)
• Writing opinion pieces about cafés and restaurants predominantly in Edinburgh, combining my love of coffee with my love of writing.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£17||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£150|