I give lessons to individuals working towards either GCSE or A-level biology. Lesson structure would involve targeting particular areas that you are unsure of and providing explanation, with the addition of past questions to reaffirm understanding of the topic.
I am a Second year medical student at St Andrews University. I achieved 10 A* at GCSE and at A-level gained 3A*s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and a A in further maths. As a medical student I have put into practice much of what is taught in the curriculum which has given me a deeper appreciation for the subject and its practical applications.
September 2016+- St Andrews University
September 2014-July 2016- Charterhouse, Godalming
• June 2016- Pre-U chemistry D1 ( higher than A* at A-level), International A-level Biology A* , Pre-U single maths: D2 ( A* equivalent at A-level ) , Pre-U further maths: D3 ( high than A at A-level)
• Member of school cross country team for which received colours; completed Duke of Edinburgh Gold expedition; played in badminton Team; head of Scottish Dancing 2015/2016.
September 2009-July 2014- Prior’s Field School Godalming
• November 2013- English Language A*
• January 2014- Maths IGCSE – A*
• June 2014- English Literature A*, Biology A*, Chemistry A*, Physics A*, Religious Studies A*, Spanish A*, French A*, Geography A*
• Played in the school orchestra; member of swimming team; completed Duke of Edinburgh Bronze; School council representative 2(concealed information); involved in public speaking competitions and debates; in 2010 represented school in Salter’s Chemistry competition at Surrey University and won.
2001-2008- Barrow Hills School/ Guildford High School
• Waverly Top Youth Council representative of Prior’s Field School - 2011- June 2012.
• Junior Sport leadership award-2013.
• Volunteer at The Meath Epilepsy Trust in Godalming, Surrey for two hours every other week -November 2013 to September 2014
• July 2013 – awarded place at Salters’ Chemistry Camp in Bath (3 days).
• Interest in languages - 2 week stay with French family in August 2013, again in August 2014.
• Played first clarinet in Godalming Youth Orchestra 2009-2013.
• Passed ABRSM Grades 1-6 on clarinet.
• July 2014- shadowed a consultant radiologist at The Royal Marsden for a week.
• July 2014- sat in consultations and aided in administration at local GP practice for a week
• Volunteered at The Royal Surrey County Hospital on a geriatric ward for two hours a week - September 2014 to July 2015.
• July 2015- stayed as a residential volunteer at The Sutton Hospital (a geriatric home) for a week
• Involved in the running and organising of a charitable summer camp (CCHF) for children from deprived areas of inner city London– August 2015.
• June-August 2017 working in a law firm organising the fling system.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£150|