I believe that through private, one to one tuition a student gains in confidence, and therefore begins to achieve their full potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Latin, Ancient and Modern Greek, All Classical Civilisation Subjects and German.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Classical College Athens Greek Graduation Certificate, 9 A levels (A Grades)
BA Hons Degree (German) from University of London
MA Classics University of London
- How much do you charge?
I charge 30£ per hour for all my lessons, apart from A level subjects and exam preparation, in which case i charge 40£ per hour.
I do provide discounts on advanced payments and/or group lessons.
During half term/school holidays I organize revision classes (Latin, Greek, Classical Civilization Subjects) at very competitive rates.
Please make an enquiry.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at students' home as well as at my home. I Live in Teddington and can travel to Central London,WC, SW, W,N, and Surrey.
- When are you available?
I am available weekdays and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels. I am always happy to receive any enquiry.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare my students for Common Entrance Exams, GCSE, IGCSE, A levels and Undergraduate Level (with Greek or Latin).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can tutor via Skype and/or email.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Spread the lessons out. If you are thinking of having 10 lessons a week before exams, I would suggest you begin 10 weeks before your exams having one lesson per week.
- Set goals in order to reach your final target successfully. Target should be Specific, Measurable Achievable Relevant and Timed.
- Having a tutor is not replacement for studying. You should guard against complacency and ensure that you work outside your lessons.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have ten years experience of teaching and tutoring Latin, Classical and Modern Greek (I am native Greek speaker).
My experience includes working with students of different ages and abilities.
I keep myself updated by attending regular seminars ran by Academics (JACT, ARLT) or Exam Boards (OCR,AQA).
I use a variety of teaching methods for Language Learning tailored to the individual needs of each student.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes i have an updated enhanced DBS (formely CRB).
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in Athens and London : Classical College Greek Graduation Certificate ,Goethe Institute for German Teaching Diploma,
University of London BA German (Hons), MA Classics University of London.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am member of JACT Joint Association of Classical Teachers, and member of ARLT The Association for Latin Teaching.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Currently I am busy preparing two students for AS and A2 exams in Classical Civilisation/ Latin and Ancient Greek,
I tutor two students for GCSE Latin and two for GCSE German.
In addition i teach (part-time) Latin in a State Secondary school, and a Prep School in London.
• BA (Hons) London
• MA Classics London
• Enhanced CRB
• JACT (Joint Association of Classical Teachers), ARLT (The Association for Latin Teaching)
Working with Argiro enabled me to have far more confidence and understand key themes and ideas in the epic i was studying. I was able to interpret more sophisticated anwsers and demonstrate a more deeper, annalytical understanding.
Without her help i would not of got my A grade in AS, and entered A level with such confidence.
Thanks for all your help - really was so beneficial.
I wanted to thank you for the additional help you gave me at the beginning of the year; i got 3 A*S and 1 A yesterday; with an A* in Classics.
I just wanted to thank you again for your help with the Classical Greek at A2 level. I am delighted to tell you that I got an A and a place at Cambridge!
classics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 13 plus lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, latin lessons for all!
Taking ancient greek lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|