Having recently received my BA in Art and Architectural History from Binghamton University over in the United States, I am now pursuing my MA in the History of Art from the Courtauld Institute of Art here in London. What made me fall in love with this subject had everything to do with the way it was taught to me.
For a subject that can become boring if you let it, the best way to truly understand its concepts is by having the ability to see each idea from every angle and approach the subject with energy and a sense of humor. This is true for any level of study. Allow me to help you see the subject from perspectives you may not have noticed before and inspire you to potentially take your ideas and specific way of thinking further!
Throughout my experience as a tutor and advisor, my methodology has remained the same. From tutoring 11 year olds in a failing New York City school at risk of not passing the 6th grade to advising college freshman struggling to with create an academic and professional plan, I approach each student differently so as to utilize the specific way they think. That methodology has led to each one of my 6th grade students moving on to the next grade with flying colors as well as a number of my college students going into their second year feeling prepared and organized. Now, I am able to apply this approach with the training I have received in Art History and help you in the most effective way possible.
Binghamton University, Class of 2017 - Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Architectural History and Urban Studies/Minored in Music
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Deans List (5 Semesters)
Courtauld Institute of Art, Class of 2018 – Master of Arts in the History of Art
Discovery Advisor for the Discovery Program at Binghamton University
August 2015 – June 2017
- Peer Academic Advisor and Student Leader for incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students.
- Provides Freshmen and Transfer Students with academic advising to help smooth the transition between high school or another academic institution and the Binghamton University setting.
- Has individual meetings with assigned students to discuss campus resources, potential major and minors, schedule building, and time management.
- Holds a number of campus initiatives to foster an atmosphere of academic success.
Full Time Corps Member for City Year NYC, an AmeriCorps Organization
August 2012 - June 2013
- Corps Member for 10 months in Brooklyn’s Intermediate School (IS) 171
- Provided critical services such as mentoring and one-on-one or small group English and Math tutoring before, during and after school. I was able to impact attendance and encourage positive behavior through leading energetic morning greetings, tracking class attendance, positive phone calls home, and role modeling.
- Organized and led activities in the after school program, both academically and within other areas such as music, theatre, art, and projects to improve the community and school environment.
- Provided services to the NYC community, including leading a team of painters at a school for a day and helping Hurricane Sandy victims with clean up.
College Reading and Learning Association
International Mentor Training Program Certification
- Certification in Level I/Regular and Level II/Advanced.
AWARDS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
Summer Scholars and Artists Fellowship
June 2015 - August 2015
- Received $3,000 to do research on a project that I proposed in my field of study from a committee accepting applications from all disciplines.
- Did field and book research on modern stadium design and what sociological trends they reflect based on the time period and the environment.
- Traveled to London, New York City, and Philadelphia to research eight different stadiums.
Preservation Association of the Southern Tier (PAST)
art history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|