I give lessons to both primary and secondary students, and my teaching method incorporates a mix of inquiry and problem-based learning.
I base my classes on the needs of the student- a typical class will start with a reviewal to reinforce previous lessons, and will include a range of different teaching styles- Problems, questionnaires, videos etc.
I approach each topic with a starter quiz, to gauge the level of the student, and will then move on to specifically tailored work.
I am an upcoming Biochemist that has been giving lessons for 6 years. I have taught both small groups and individual students in a range of different subjects, (mainly maths and science) and for different qualifications, from 11+ to GCSEs.
Townley Grammar School
2013 - 2020
GCSEs (Level 9-1) GCSE grading system:
Religious Studies (9), History (9), English Literature (9), Biology (8), Chemistry (8), Physics (8), English Language (8), Art and Design (8), Mathematics (7), Computer Science (7), French (5)
Mathematics (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A)
1st year Biochemistry Student at University of Warwick
Assistant Teacher Tarich Tuition Centre, 10 Cross St, Erith DA8 1RB
Jan 2015 ‐ Aug 2016
● Teaching small classes/one to one classes on 11 +, Maths and English.
● Maintaining and entering information into databases
● Setting up and managing paper and electronic filing systems
● Recording information, updating paperwork and maintaining documents, such as attendance records
● Teaching one to one 11+, math and English
● Creating personalized lesson material and content
Work Experience at Fintech company WEKA 4-5 Bonhill St, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4BX
● Completed a google analytics report on the company website
● Produced content for a focus group event
● Assisted in revamping the website and social media platforms
● Researched for funding opportunities and presented in Excel
Work Experience at Investec 30 Gresham Street, EC2V 7QP, United Kingdom
● Analysing data and observing the creation and use of models
● Research and Development
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Sunday School Teacher: Sep 2017 - Present
Leading a Sunday school class of 7-11 primary school children monthly, furthering their early Bible studies.
Academic Mentor: September 2018- July 2019
Within School, the applicant mentors GCSE students. They have to create their own lesson plans and help with additional work that the student may bring. This role has helped them improve their confidence and organisation.
STEM leader: September 2018-Present
This position has helped the applicant to improve their leadership skills as they are entrusted with the role of planning and organising different events throughout the year to spread awareness of the new and exciting directions in which STEM is heading.
Co-run a Science club: September 2019-Present
This role has ensured that the applicant is able to work well in a team and has proven the applicant to be a creative individual. It consists of a small group of senior students that have to work together to plan and teach different experiments and lessons in an innovative and exciting manner to educate younger students.
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Design and Enterprise Award- December 2015
- Jack Petchy outstanding Achiever Award- April 2016
- Silver and Bronze Intermediate Maths Challenge- 2017/2018
- Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award- July 2017
- Bronze Teen Tech Award- July 2019
- Silver Stem Crest Award- July 2019
- Sport: Swimming and Athletics
- Charity work: Wohaa- Social enterprise scheme
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£38||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£60||£150|