Having myself worked through dyslexia since a young age, I've received a great deal of individual tutoring to enable understanding of ideas in ways which are, perhaps, unconventional. Appreciating that not everyone learns in the same way is key, and that is what I hope to be helpful in normalising, thus being more productive in light of it.
As such, I have a creative teaching approach added to from observing other professionals, along with methods which I myself have found successful and wish to share with you too.
In my final year at UCL in London, I have a first in biomedical science with a focus on cellular biology. I've helped students master their science exams in places from Fiji to Buckinghamshire, making lessons engaging and fun even if the topics covered are more difficult than they are your favourite.
Wycombe Abbey School | Buckinghamshire: September 2011 – 2018 (Ranked Top Girls Boarding
School in England)
- A Levels: AAA (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science)
- AS Levels: AB (EPQ, Mathematics)
- GCSEs: 8 A*s, 2 A’s: (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language + Literature, Computing,
German, Maths, DT, History)
University College London (UCL) | BSc Biomedical Science October 2018 – present
- Year 1 completed modules: Pharmacology and Drug Mechanisms, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular biology, Developmental Anatomy
- Year 2 completed modules: Molecular Biology, Integrative Cellular, Statistics, Immunology, Neuroanatomy, Infection, Bioscience dissertation
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Basic coding in Python and Processing
• Fluency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote
• Advanced use of DSLR cameras, film cameras and photo editing software
• Winning photograph displayed in the Tate Modern, 2020
• Organised and Hosted the first TEDx conference at Wycombe Abbey, themed “Uncertainty”, 2017
• Youth Amnesty representative and society leader at Wycombe Abbey, 2018
• School Technology Officer at Wycombe Abbey, 2017
• Young Enterprise Company start up at Wycombe Abbey, selling Nigerian Dashiki’s, 2017
• London International Youth Science Forum (LIYSF) at Imperial College, 2017
• Molecular DNA course (Cold Spring Harbour) creating tagged recombinants, 2016
• FireTech Camp Python training, Imperial College, 2015
• ImageDelivery website publishing, 2014
• Silver Crest and Industrial Cadet award, 2014
Music and Sports
• Grade 8 Singing (ABRSM), 2017
• Grade 7 Speech and Drama, 2017
• Grade 5 Theory (ABRSM), 2017
• Grade 5 Ballet, Modern and Tap
• Buckinghamshire County Javelin throw Champion, 2016
• Teaching assistant in Fijian primary school, Think Pacific, 2019
• Think Pacific Ambassador and project promoter, 2019
• Teaching assistant for special needs GCSE science students, Cressex Community School, 2018
• Voted School Head of House and Prefect, 2016
REFERENCES Available on request.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£19|