My teaching method focuses on going over content in such a way as to identify struggles with understanding and breaking down subjects into easily digestible chunks and measuring progression to prevent frustration.
I approach each topic from a standpoint based on it's use in problem solving and within the larger scope of the field.
I am a Bioscience student completing my Masters degree who is confident in tutoring and helping others with a wide variety of STEM subjects throughout the teaching curriculum.
I have little formal tutoring experience however I am very confident from tutoring my classmates and close friends/family with only my own academic endeavors as experience.
Rates may vary based on cost of, and travel time to tutoring sessions.
Cancellations available one week in advance of next lesson.
Sheffield Hallam University (2013-2017)
2:2 BSc. (Hons) Biochemistry
Key Skills gained:
• Knowledge of the standards and expectations of research science and how Scientists design experimental procedures.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking, with a focus on design and problem solving.
• Ability to acquire, interpret and present complex data before audiences of mixed expertise in an easy-to-digest manner.
• Advanced problem solving and numeracy skills.
• Proficient working in a group or alone, reliable and effective communication skills
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Notable Modules – Neuroscience Research Project (3D Cell Culture), Cellular Biology, Bioethics and Genetics.
Farifax Academy (Known previously as Fairfax School) (2011-2013)
A-levels: Biology – C, Chemistry – D, Mathematics – D
Farifax Academy (Known previously as Fairfax School) (2007 - 2012)
12 GCSEs or equivalent BTECs, grade A*-C including Maths, English, Science and Engineering.
Heartlands Hospital Clinical Biochemistry Department
(August 2016, 2 weeks)
• Performed regional level auditing of clinical practice. Presented results to consultants, which resulted in a new index being used for determining the severity of kidney damage.
• Assisted in creating drug standards for addition to a national database.
• Shadowed a range of scientists spanning the analytical disciplines present within a hospital.
Dunlop Motorsport R&D
(January 2011, 1 week)
• Created a prototype intermediate tyre for Le Mans 24 hour use.
• Aided in archiving of invoices and research documentation from previous years.
• Toured active and retired testing equipment at remaining research sites.
(2011 – 2013)
• Interacting with customers polite and professional manner, particularly early in the morning.
• Organising chosen products for delivery on a week-by-week basis.
• Providing a punctual and timely service.
Hobbies & Interests
I am a competitive individual when appropriate, I co-founded the Sheffield Hallam Students Union eSports society in 2014 as its Founding President, organising the largest eSports society in the UK’s weekly tournaments for over 100 players across multiple titles and co-ordinating with national leagues for 2 years.
I am a volunteer within Konami Judge program and regularly judge and assist in the running of card game tournaments within the local area including responsibility for running and competitive integrity of events.
In my spare time, I play the violin, paint and read fiction.
Named Mad Scientist of the year at School 2011
References are available upon request
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£9|
|5 hours||Not available||£40||£45|
|10 hours||Not available||£75||£90|