I believe that exceptional grades come from enjoyment and interest in a subject. I will tailor lessons to the areas in which a student struggles with, linking topics together in a way that enables a depth of understanding.
My lessons will always be free from judgement and I encourage any questions that a student may have. Lessons will include advice for the student on the lead up to exams. The student may set the pace of work, whilst I will remain encouraging and proactive.
I am a Biotechnology student currently studying at the University of Nottingham. Biology is my absolute passion and I hope to inspire those around me. I have A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Geography - ABB respectively. I have also completed triple science at GCSE (AAA). I have completed my Duke of Edinburgh's award at bronze, silver and gold levels. This has included experience working in biology lessons. I also have volunteering experience in both nature conservation and helping the disabled. I am DBS certified as of October 2016.
An enthusiastic and dedicated individual with a broad knowledge base encompassing biological sciences, chemistry and geography. Over time I have become increasingly focused on molecular biology and cellular physiology. As a student myself, I understand the benefits of a punctual and approachable tutor. I encourage you to begin your academic journey today.
• Excellent skills in numeracy, as illustrated by my grades gained in secondary school.
• Past work experience has helped develop my character; from my consistent punctuality and friendly personality around others.
• Perseverance demonstrated relentlessly; including throughout the Duke of Edinburgh’s award (Bronze, Silver and Gold).
• IT skills in Microsoft Office, as well as coding experience gained in my spare time.
Currently studying Biotechnology BSc at the University of Nottingham.
Kingdown Community School
• Biology – A
• Chemistry – B
• Geography – B
• Core maths – A
• 9 GCSEs A*- C, including triple science (AAA)
Catering assistant, Warminster School
(December 2016 - September 2017)
• Working as part of a team and independently to organise and maintain formal events.
• Maintaining a professional and productive work environment.
• Following instructions well and remaining organised.
• Communicating effectively with a range of people to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
Farm labourer (unpaid work experience)
• Handling of livestock.
• Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment to minimise the risk of disease.
• Following strict safety procedures when in the proximity of farm machinery.
• Observing the phenotypes of cattle (further enhancing my fascination for genetics.)
Hobbies & Interests
Whilst my scientific interests are highly engaging hobbies, I also pride myself in my varied selection of physical activities which take place in my spare time.
• I am a member of the skydiving society and am working towards gaining my A-License.
• I frequently cycle and went on a cycling expedition to Vietnam in the summer of 2017.
• I enjoy travelling and have experienced a range of cultures in Europe and Asia.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£80||£100|