I like to adapt my style to the individual in order to achieve the most potential. Lessons can be based around certain topics, exam help or anything specific that the student needs. I feel active learning and involvement is key, rather than just listening, so varying the activities during the lesson is something I am keen to do. My preferred structure is to explain content, set tasks and then relate this factual knowledge to real life examples. Encouraging self belief is also of real importance to me, so I like to work on building confidence in answers and content.
I am a BSc Physical Geography undergraduate looking to help GCSE and A-Level students with their Geography courses. I assisted classes during my time at Sixth Form and achieved an A at A-Level, with full marks in my Fieldwork Assessment, and a First in my first year at university. I intend on pursuing a secondary school teaching career from this. I am also DBS checked.
Cancellation notification period of at least 24 hours without charge. Hourly rate indicated is for both GCSE and A-Level students.
ASSOCIATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Assisting with teaching Geography (unpaid work experience) (2016-2018)
• Acting as a teaching assistant in Year 9 GCSE Geography classes several times a week
• Working one-to-one with specific students who need additional support as well as teaching the whole class
• Answering any questions any other students may have on the current topic and marking work
• Ensuring all work is completed by the student I am mentoring to the level of depth required for them to reach their targets
• Gaining knowledge on how lessons are structured and how to teach efficiently whilst understanding that each student has individual needs
• Participating in Year 6 transition days and introducing younger students to academic geography
I have undertaken work experience with the Environment Agency in the Flooding and Coastal Risk Management Team, completing fieldwork, office work and contributing to a new defence scheme for Birmingham.
I have also worked in a supermarket, museum and library.
-Additional Science-A -German-C -English Literature-B
-Citizenship-B -History-A* -Geography-A
-Core Science-A -ICT-A -Music-B
-English Language-A -Mathematics-C -Religion and Ethics-A
-Music-Distinction* -Geography-A -Psychology-B
I am currently undertaking a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Geography at Keele University
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|