My position as a Business teacher is to deliver well structured lessons to a variety of ages and capabilities. I use an array of multimedia, interactive and digital resources along with traditional teaching methods such as worksheets and books.
I am a PhD student in my final year. I have been teaching English online since 2011 in order supplement my income during my studies. Therefore I am equipped with the understanding and knowledge of what is required from teaching.
SOPHIE MARIA MUSCATELLI
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of Bradford
Ph.D. Human Resource Management Full Time and Master of Research Part Time (2016-2020)
Thesis Working Title: The Lived Experience of Copreneurs Working in a Copreneurial Business: The case of Greece
Subjects Studied: Introduction to PhD Study and Research Design; Philosophical approaches to researching and studying management and organisations; Qualitative Research Methods, Quantitative Research Methods; Literature Reviewing; Critique of Management Research Studies.
Newcastle University Business School
International Business Management MA (2012-2013)
Dissertation specialism: The impact of the Economic Crisis on Greek Microenterprises in the tourism industry and their crisis recovery strategies.
Subjects Studied: Dissertation, The International Business Environment, International Business Strategy in Practice, Managing Across Cultures, Managing Human Resources for International Advantage, Foundations of Business Strategy, Marketing, Strategic Perspectives of HRM in the Global Context, Research Methods for MA International Business Management, Analysis of Company Accounts, International Marketing and International Entrepreneurship
• An understanding of organisational behaviour.
• An awareness of the macro-economic, institutional and political forces influencing the development and regulation of the global business environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of multi-level processes involved in managerial practice and international business strategy formulation and implementation.
• Self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources.
• Analytical and critical thinking developed through a live marketing case study. I designed an international marketing strategy for the recruitment company Nigel Wright
• An appreciation of cross-cultural studies in social science, and their relevance to business & management.
• An understanding of the dimensions that influence human resource management (HRM) policies and practices internationally, and how conceptual debates in international HRM translate into practical challenges in organisations in different countries.
• Knowledge of customer-focused business management and marketing strategic awareness.
• Can facilitate the production of a marketing plan and show how a marketing plan can be operationalised.
• A comprehensive overview of entering international markets and conducting marketing operations on an international and global scale.
• Numeracy and the ability to research, interpret, and use business and financial data such as using a company’s annual and financial reports to critically evaluate a company’s performance.
• Trained to undertake advanced level research in Business and Management.
• Understanding of the growing internationalisation of business and management practices.
• An advanced appreciation of the concept and practice of business strategy within an international, global context.
Newcastle University BA. Classical Studies (2010-2011)
Dissertation specialism: Cretan Myths
Subjects studied: Greek and Roman tragedy, Greek Medicine, Roman republic, The Persian Empire, Greek and Roman historians.
• Developed the ability to research, collate and analyse materials, including written documentation and statistics.
• A well-developed understanding of different cultures and societies.
• Evaluate and interpret resources in order to formulate impartial and coherent arguments, which can be presented competently in both the spoken and written word.
EMPLOYMENT AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Employer: Self-Employed (2011 – Present)
Position: Private English Teacher online
Main Purpose: My position as an English teacher is to deliver well structured lessons to a variety of ages and capabilities. I use an array of multimedia, interactive and digital resources along with traditional ESL teaching methods such as flashcards, worksheets and games.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Online via Skype and Cisco WebEx
• Private tuition and small to medium groups.
• Created lessons for a variety of levels from pre-intermediate to advanced.
• Planning and delivering well-structured lessons to suit the capability of the learner.
• Creating PowerPoint and worksheets for the lesson, along with devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources.
• Familiar with a few leading course books such as Cambridge Murphy Grammar in Use.
• Ascertaining where the student is struggling, and building a lesson around the identified issues.
• IELTs, FCE and CPE certificate coaching
• Business English coaching
• Emphasised vocabulary building and development
• Proofreading and editing a variety of documents
• Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises.
• Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work.
• Importance of pair/group work and enhanced student talking time
• Basic administration, such as keeping student records, attendance records and issuing receipts.
Employer: Newcastle University (October 2013 – June 2014)
Position: Student Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator
This was a temporary position which main responsibilities included co-ordinating, organising, developing and delivering a range of activities and events to encourage the recruitment to the School of Chemistry of high quality undergraduate and postgraduate taught and research both ‘home’ and ‘international’. My responsibilities included event organisation, production of marketing materials (print and online), liaising with internal and external clients and maintenance of existing client relations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall coordination of the School of Chemistry’s recruitment activities such as Student Ambassadors and Peer Mentors.
• Design and deliver effective customer relationships
• Organise and liaise with the UG, PGT and PGR Admissions Tutors and School Outreach Officer, post application open days, university visit days and outreach activities in order to promote the School and its programmes to potential students
• Developed and produced management reports on student cohorts from relevant databases in order to identify trends
• Supported the School of Chemistry’s strategies and initiatives in order to improve student recruitment. Liaised with the Faculty Marketing and Recruitment team to obtain market research information relevant to the School’s programmes.
• Organised promotional events and represented the School where appropriate at events.
• Responsible, in conjunction with key School staff, for writing School marketing and communication material, including brochures and leaflets.
• Maintained close liaison with the Marketing and Communications Directorate within the University, attended relevant meetings band contributing to University wide marketing and recruitment policy.
• Acted as a budget holder for the School’s recruitment budget.
• Sourcing and ordering merchandise for promotion events including visits days and recruitment fairs.
• Provided secretarial support to designated School committees to ensure that agendas and minutes are prepared, circulated and approved. Responsible for assisting School staff in the compiling of data and information for committees and follow through associated action points in preparation for the next committee meeting.
Business English. i-to-i TEFL (2018)
Including: theory and practical ideas to create and deliver confident, inspired and effective Business English lessons.
How to teach IELTs. Cambridge English Teacher (2012)
Including: gaining a thorough understanding of IELTS to help learners approach the exam with confidence by using practical strategies and activities to fully prepare learners for exam success.
60 hour TEFL Certification. i-to-i TEFL (2011)
Including: classroom management, planning lessons, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
business studies lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, marketing lessons for all!
Taking business strategy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|