I have over 5 years experience in tutoring GCSE, A level and Undergraduates. In the following subjects:
- Pure Mathematics
- Chemical Engineering ( Fluid Mechanics + Thermodynamics)
My details will be catered for each individual to assess how you learn. I my self am a visual learner but i appreciate others are different so i will adapt my tutoring accordingly. My lessons will be held either face to face or via Skype. If the latter is preferred then i will email notes a week in advance.
Prior to starting my degree programme i had worked along side a teacher for 2 years teaching English, Science and Maths in the UK State School system. I now work as a Technical Internal Engineer. But i would like to tutor alongside my normal job.
In schools and Adult Education, i have taught thousands of students of varying ages. I have been private tutoring for a few months now and have had more than 20 clients for a range of tutoring dependant on their needs.
I also work alongside major exam boards i.e AQA, Excel etc
A dynamic Chemical Engineering undergraduate with an extraordinary combination of leadership, business and process manufacturing industry knowledge. Ability to communicate innovative ideas effectively and motivate team members to enhance strategic goals. Looking for a placement in Chemical Engineering to put the theory taught at university into practical application.
Aston University, Birmingham
BEng/ MEng in Chemical Engineering with placement year
Year 1 (Obtained a 1st)
Mathematics for 1st year Engineers 78% Inorganic Chemistry I 79% Physical Chemistry for Engineers 78% Process and Product Design 75% Health, Safety & The Environment 87% Design and Build 84%
Year 2 (Results Pending)
Transfer Processes Seperation Processes Thermodyamics for Engineers
Introduction to Business Management Reaction Engineering
The Solihull Sixth Form College, Birmingham
A Levels: Biology (A), Pure Mathematics (B), Psychology (B) and Chemistry (B).
Hodge Hill School, Birmingham
GCSE’s: Nine grades A*- C including Sciences (3 A*’s), Mathematics (A) and English (B).
Employment History July 2016 – Sep 2016
Mar 2015- Sep 2015
Rolls Royce Motor Cars Limited – Engineering & Manafacturing Internship, Goodwood.
• Validation of design phase and offering alternatives in components and their life cycles.
• Repaired and Overhauled processes for new products for the recent flagship automobile the
Rolls Royce Dawn.
• Developed communication skills by engaging in problem solving with multi-disciplined staff.
• Quality development and resolution of complex engineering phenomena were acknowledged
such as ‘reducing drag’.
Pal Pharmacy – Dispenser and Shop Assistant, Birmingham.
• Operated the electronic till system, taking card & cash payments from customers.
• Personally responsible for ensuring shop floor is fully stocked, neat & presentable at all times.
• Regularly involved in the book-keeping process, determining weekly profit and losses.
• Required to learn the Link software and coding for dispensing medicines.
• Responsible for maintaining the medicine cabinets so it could be easier for the next dispenser
to locate the items needed.
• Built upon my customer service skills and built a rapport with regular customers.
Barclays Bank Plc – Retail Bank Work Shadowing, Solihull.
• Shadowed branch manager, gaining an understanding of the workings of a financial institution.
• Advised customers of the different types of saving accounts & products available to them.
• Reduced congestion during peak hours by offering alternative methods to depositing money
• Developed time management skills by handling customer queries quickly and effectively.
• Gained an insight to retail and the strategies involved to out compete competition.
Cummins Ltd – Engineering Intern, Daventry
• Assisted with other team members to enhance the product life cycle of the materials used and also assessed risks.
• Gained key insights into the Heavy duty engines industry; selling a wide array of products and constructing the QSX straight 6 engines.
• Responsible for translating in situations where the contractors first language was not English but in turn it was Hindi, I ensured all their concerns & needs were addressed.
Key Skills IT Skills
Self Motivated Languages Communication
Team Work Presenting
Achievements CEAC Mentor
Voluntary Current Affairs
Science and Astronomy
Anatomy and Physiology
Highly proficient in all MS products including Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook & Visio.
Have used complex software such as Link, CAD systems, LCA and Mat-Lab for Solving Technical Problems.
Prioritised my time with the Dispensary Course and with the Pharmacy Dispensing role to get the optimal exposure to get the most out of the job role and to gather greater understand of what was required of me.
I am an individual who can adapt to working as part of teams and also working with my own intiative. Fluent in Urdu and a Beginner in both Arabic and Mandarin.
Effectively communicating either on the phone or Face to Face with different types of customers and in different circumstances.
Successful team leader for Design and Build project to create a Nuclear Reactor with set requirements and able to motivate the team to completion.
Explained fundamentals of Math’s clearly and effectively to AS Level Pure Mathematics students in College after Being voted Mathematics Ambassador.
Peer mentoring 1st year Chemical Engineering Students and also embedding the fundamentals of Chemical Engineering for myself as it will be required in the future.
Raised £10,000 within 2 months of volunteering which was accredited by the charity as well as the manager in charge.
Awarded Copper Certificate for participating in the Cambridge University chemistry challenge which compromised of complexion questions that were aimed to make me think innovatively.
Raised awareness about gadget theft to 1st year university students at local university such as, University Of Birmingham, Bimingham City Univeristy and Aston University. I was awarded a MacBook for my efforts for this cause.
Captain of the Football Team for Solihull Sixth Form.
Crime novels are my favourite type of literature as it requires you to think of the bigger picture consistently to understand the novel.
Face to face fundraiser for Oxfam and a Tour Guide for Birmingham Back to Backs. I like to keep up to date with global affairs to be connected with changes.
Documentaries about Space by Brian Cox enlighten me as he likes to explore the unknown and watching documentaries is my way of exploring.
More Recently I have started to watch Dr Gunther’s videos about human anatomy and the different types of injuries and their repercussions on to the body.
Dr. Paul Tack, Teaching Fellow and First Year Tutor (Chemical Engineering), MBL25A, Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET.
Tel: (concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
Ms Kate Robert, Manager, Rolls Royce Motor Cars Limited,The Dr Chichester, PO18 0SH. Email: (concealed information)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|