I try and see things from the student’s point of view when explaining things. I think it is important to have a variety of activities in a tutorial, and for the tutor to be a good listener as well as good at communicating, prompting and explaining. I try to make tuition sessions an enjoyable as well as helpful experience. I like to encourage students to achieve the highest standards they can. The methods I use include using alternative text books to the ones used by the students, as well as past papers and supplementary material prepared by myself.
· 4 years experience of classroom teaching in two independent girls’ schools
· 3 years as a teaching fellow at university level
· many years of private tutoring from 11+ to degree level
I have supported many pupils to academic and exam success.
· A-levels in French, Latin and Ancient History
· BA Hons (2.1) in Classics, Univ. of Oxford
· M.A. in Classics (Latin), University College London
· PhD in Classics (Latin), King’s College London
ancient greek lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|