My teaching method is entirely based on what the student wants to learn and do. I believe that the most effective way to learn a language is to practice repeatedly and to use helpful exercises to solidify one's knowledge.
I have recently graduated from University College London with a 2:1 degree in Classics, and am shortly about to embark on the postgraduate Classics programme. Alongside my studies I also taught weekly GCSE Latin classes at a local secondary school.
Runner, King Bert Productions (January 2020)
- I worked as a Runner in a Writers Room for a recurring BBC children’s television show, and in a
read-through for a Netflix feature film.
- This role catered to my organisational abilities, time-management, and precise attention to detail, as I worked to ensure that everyone had what they required and that the sessions ran smoothly and efficiently.
- This role required the handling of petty cash.
Asset Logger, King Bert Productions, London (January 2020)
- Logging various assets for King Bert (including back up drives, LTO tapes and DVD deliverables)
on spreadsheets, allowing the company to recall and locate information and materials easily from one source.
- I enjoyed gaining additional experience of working in a busy office environment, and both testing and adding to my proficiency of Microsoft Office programs, in particular Excel.
Ambassador, Just Like Us, London (October 2019-)
- Having been selected through their application process, in October 2019 I attended a two-day training workshop delivered by WGSN and BlackRock.
- In my role, I deliver talks and workshops to secondary school students on LGBT+ issues and my own story growing up, in the hope that the next generation has positive role models and we can create a safer environment for LGBT+ young people.
Latin Teacher, Fortismere School, Muswell Hill (September 2019-)
- Alongside my studies, I volunteer as a teacher once a week at the Latin Club at Fortismere School.
- Working with a small group of Year 7 students, I have found the experience rewarding by passing on my own knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject onto a new generation.
Student Reviewer, Stagedoor, London (June 2019-)
- I work with Stagedoor, a mobile application which reviews and advertises London theatre, as one of their Student Reviewers.
- The role consists of attending press performances and writing a review on demand, which is then published on the application.
Student Ambassador, University College London (June 2019-)
- Within this customer facing role I have worked at a number of Open Days and Graduations, acting as a steward for the attendees.
Intern, Jermyn Street Theatre, London (June 2019)
- Whilst interning at this theatre I assisted on a number of projects, with tasks ranging from developing marketing campaigns for productions to proof-reading prospective scripts, and learning about the role of development in a creative organisation.
- I particularly enjoyed developing a treatment for the theatre’s 25th Anniversary celebrations and Christmas appeal, considering in what way the appeal might most successfully encourage the patrons to donate.
Front of House Performance Team Member, Ambassador Theatre Group
(February 2018 - June 2018)
- The main focus of this role was customer service, ensuring that the patron’s experience was as enjoyable as possible.
- I proved and developed my organisational skills dealing with customer queries in pressurised circumstances.
- I enjoyed gaining first-hand experience of working in the commercial backbone of London theatre.
Volunteer Facilitator, Grow Youth Theatre, Sheffield (September 2016 - June 2017)
- I attended weekly sessions where I supported the group leader and facilitated sessions, leading activities and exercises with children aged 9-12 that focussed on developing their confidence in an outdoor setting.
Work Experience at Sheffield Theatres (June 2016)
- Having been selected to gain work experience at this distinguished organisation, I experienced what it was like to work within the theatre industry.
- I led a group of my colleagues in a presentation to the senior members of the organisation on how they could encourage more young people to attend the theatre.
BA Classics | University College London 2017 - 2020 (2:1)
Birkdale School, Sheffield
2004 - 2017 (GCSEs: 4A*s, 6As & 1B) (A-Levels: 1A* & 3As in Latin, Theatre Studies, Classics
and General Studies)
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, classics lessons for all!
Taking latin lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|