Classes are based on a number of areas.
1. Sensory analysis, discovering your preferences and accurately communicating.
2. Scientific understanding of coffee and what's happening during brewing.
3. Practical - brewing with different methods, grind sizes, water and temperatures.
Classes are tailor made and combine experiential learning with casual discussions on theory. This is to avoid being bogged down in old-fashioned desk learning.
I am a coffee professional with experience in founding a coffee company and consulting.
I have taught countless people, from one-on-one classes to groups, to make better coffee and understanding their sensory tools (i.e. taste awareness, olfactory etc.)
Learning about coffee in this way has wide ranging benefits which are transferable to other areas of life, such as cooking, self-awareness and communication.
Rate covers the 3 coffees used in class and use of professional equipment
Freelance Coffee Consulting – Beijing, China
• Coffee menu, Cafe fitting, Barista training (espresso & filter), Sensory training
Co-founder of Coffee Company – Beijing, China
An online, coffee subscription service providing bi-monthly deliveries of specialty coffee
• Director of Coffee – Sourcing of roasted and green coffee from roasters and importers. Through multiple partnerships spanning all China, I cupped, analysed and selected which coffees would feature in the subscription.
• Brand Creation – Selecting designs, products, packaging and themes.
• Content – Created articles covering beginner’s guides to more in depth coffee information. These featured on the website and on Chinese social media (WeChat, Weibo, Toutiao etc).
• Events – Organised and hosted coffee cupping events to raise awareness of specialty coffee and gain new subscribers.
Sales and Marketing, Coffee Roasters
A wholesale provider of commercial and specialty grade roasted coffee
• Field sales - English and Chinese language.
• CRM database usage.
• Creation of B2B, B2C letters and online content.
Barista, Taylor Street Baristas – London, UK
Australian style speciality coffee shop with chains in both London and New York
• Trained extensively in coffee, from a scientific knowledge of processing and roasting through to dialling in a machine and pulling espresso.
• Received sensory training and an understanding of cupping protocols.
• Carpentry and coffee shop fitting.
Harrods, Tea and Coffee Sales
He has excellent knowledge of his field, and he teaches in a lively and fun way. I really enjoy learning how to make better coffee, and knowing different types of coffee beans. I highly recommend him.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£110||£110||Not available|