My name is Angelo Van Mol, I studied at the Royal Academy of Antwerp ( Margiela, Raf Simons, Demna Gvasalia, Dries Van Noten and many more ) where I graduated master fashion design with highest distinction.
I'm easy going and have several years experience overseeing teams of interns, junior and senior
designers. This thought me how to work with people on a daily basis while motivating and pushing their boundaries when it comes to creativity.
As services are very varied I require an intake e-mail to understand what type mentoring I can provide.
Looking forward to hear from you!
I'm currently working as a creative director for Band of Outsiders, NDC made by hand and consult at Ozwald Boateng on Saville Row. I have a master in fashion from the Royal Academy of Antwerp and have been employed as a mentor for fashion students at Central Saint Martins for about a year.
Further more I have worked with several brands on a design director level spanning from Nike to Maison Kitsune and have extensive experience when it comes to moodboards, hand drawings, technical drawings, sewing, contacts, portfolio.
Aug 2016 - present Band Of Outsiders
Creatice Director of Collection men + women
- lead creative
- review all technical sheets and designs from sampling to sms
- planning & executing sourcing trips, including extensive fabric, trend & print sourcing at PV, Milano Unica
- managing multiple projects from concept to completion
- establish creative direction and the implementation of it
- work on all aspects of the company from start to finish
- managing team members in design
- providing quality control for concepts and projects
Dec 2017 - Jun 2018 Maison Kitsune
Consultant Artistic Director of collection men + womens (SS2018)
- establishing creative direction and seasonal concept
- reviewing all technical sheets and designs from sampling to sms
- attending all fittings and overseeing direction
- managing designers and implement structure in design process
JAN 2013 - present Freelance Designer
- Offering services from design to product development
- Implementing structures
- Building & directing trends, colour palettes & print direction
- Sourcing new fabrics & creating unique designs direct with mills - Connecting manufacturers with clients
- Designing for specific briefs
- Producing detailed spec packs for successful first samples
- Reporting direct to founder, creative director or design director
BRANDS: Ozwald Boateng, Scabal, G-star, Royal Ballet Belgium, Advani London, Cannoniere, LouiseMeddar, WRT, Tranzend, n.d.c.
FEB 2011 - MAR 2014 Ozwald Boateng
- managing designers, interns & print team
- travelling to factories to put ranges into work.
- planning & executing sourcing trips, including extensive fabric,trend & print sourcing at PV, Milano Unica
- ensuring all product & key trends are covered for range & customer briefs, encompassing best sellers, basics, commercial &fashion forward pieces
- presenting to customers, including creative director.
- building & directing trends, colour palettes & print direction.
- sourcing new fabrics & creating unique designs direct with mills.
- designing for in house range & customers
- producing detailed spec packs for successful first samples - prioritising work schedule
2007 - 2009 Demna Gvasalia
- creating prototypes and tailoring garments
- producing technical sketches
- sourcing fabrics and trimmings
- creating mood, shape and trend boards
- gaining approval from creative director
- working closely with factories and suppliers
- participating in meetings with customers and fabric agents
- inspecting products during the design process
- can do attitude
- problem solver and solution implementer
- strong presentation skills
- proficient in adobe illustrator, photoshop, indesign
- strong hand drawing skills
- very confident in garment construction and fittings
• EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2009 - 2010 Royal academy of Antwerp
Master Fashion (high distinction)
2007 - 2009 Royal academy of Antwerp
Bachelor Fashion (high distinction)
2005 - 2007 Royal academy of Antwerp
Bachelor Fine Arts
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, knitting lessons for all!
Taking fabric printing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|