I approach each topic step by step. First, I like to break down and understand the problem at hand. What do we need to find out? What information do we already know? Then, I look at how we can use what we already know to find any new information. And finally, I work through anything else we need to do to come to the final answer! All of this is done with patience, understanding, enthusiasm and hopefully left with a smile on our faces! I am confident at teaching any level up to GCSE.
I am an enthusiastic maths student currently studying at sixth form college. I have passion for maths and would love to share my knowledge in a practical and guiding way. Previously, I have offered one to one tutoring with fellow students for GCSE. I am also known as the friendly student to go to for helpful advice on any homework around my school.
Emma Johnson – Curriculum Vitae
• A hard-working student with initiative and a positive persevering attitude
• During my first year at Sixth Form as a Year 12 student at St. Dominic’s College, Harrow
• Attended Bishop Ramsey CE School 2013-2018
GCSE and Other Examination Results – Summer 2018
• Maths – Grade 9
• Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French and Religious Education – Grade 9
• Computer Science, English Language and English Literature – Grade 8
• FSMQ Additional Maths – Grade A
Experience and Volunteering
• March/April 2018 – Provided one to one tutoring to a fellow student in Maths.
• January 2019 – I now volunteer in my local Cancer Research Shop helping with tasks such as organizing displays and interacting with customers.
• January - June 2017 – DofE Bronze Award, I volunteered at the children’s group at my church for 12 weeks. There, I helped to encourage the children and lead them in various craft and gaming activities.
• July 2018 – Completed the 4-week National Citizenship Service Program which included working with a community partner: Franklin House Care Home in West Drayton. I helped to organise both a volunteering day and a fundraising day for this partner.
• June 2018- Waitressing at a wedding anniversary party.
• September 2017- June2018 – I was selected to be a Year 11 Prefect where I helped at parents evenings and gave guided tours of the school to groups of parents at open evenings.
• April 2017 – I completed a week’s work experience at an accounting firm in Harrow where I learnt to interact with others in a professional working environment.
Skills and Personal Qualities
• Basic Computing – Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word.
• I can communicate effectively and work efficiently in a team, taking and giving constructive criticism well.
• I am personable, self-motivated, confident, organised and patient.
Hobbies, Extra-Curricular and Achievements
• I recently passed my Grade 6 Clarinet and Grade 5 Saxophone.
• I play every week in the Hillingdon Music Concert Band.
• I have taken part in many drama productions, including the Shakespeare Schools festival for 2 years.
• I am a member of Broadwater Sailing Club and have a RYA Level 2 Sailing Qualification.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£9|