I am a fun, patient and approachable individual and know various techniques to complete work to a high standard, having done it all myself. I can cater for all levels up to university level and can form lessons around your needs and requests. Just send me an email or a text message.
I am half Spanish and have studied it all my life. Through GCSEs, A-levels and now at university. Achieving high results at all qualification levels, I have the knowledge to help you succeed just as I did! I have been speaking and studying Spanish all my life and know what is needed to succeed.
Having worked for the same company for over three years whilst at university, I have shown commitment, loyalty and the ability to work hard whilst also achieving a 1st in both first and second years at University. After recently completing a 6-month placement in Madrid, I learnt various aspects of Spanish life while improving my speaking.
Accounting and Marketing, Quick Select Mortgage Broker, Sydney:
18th September 2017 – March 15th 2018, 6 months placement, Australia.
• Continued to further develop my understanding of monthly end accounts reconciliation, drawing up cash flow forecasts, auditing, examining and balancing financial statements.
• Identifying the correct budget for the marketing tools used such as social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and other online advertising platforms.
• Developing social media marketing knowledge with the use of Facebook ads, generating strong leads and building a stronger brand.
Accounting and finance internship, Trood Pratt, Sydney:
7th August 2017 – 15th September 2017, Summer Internship, Australia.
• Accounts reconciliation - the ability to fully understand the process of and carry out accurately the balancing of financial statements for small, medium sized companies.
• Competently draw up and process tax returns for individuals and SMEs and understand the Australian tax system.
Sales Assistant, John Lewis Partnership, Cambridge:
October 2014 – January 2017, Full Time/Part Time
• Working full time, I gained valuable knowledge and experience in providing excellent customer service, communicating effectively with clients and colleagues while understanding the value of teamwork and the importance of organisation when undertaking tasks.
• During the Christmas period, I worked well under pressure and was recognised and commended for my ‘excellent customer service’ by the manager.
• I have also shown versatility with the ability to adapt and work in different departments within the branch.
Volunteering at UPSU Special Olympics Project:
September 2016 – April 2017
• Involved in playing non-competitive sport with people with learning disabilities.
• I assisted in the organisation of the sessions and monitored specific activities during the sessions.
• I feel a great sense of achievement and enjoyment when sharing my passion with others.
Sales Assistant. Gant Store, Cambridge:
June 2016 – September 2016
• Further developed and enhanced my customer service and communication skills while at Gant, targeting a different customer base and product range.
Additional Skills and Achievements
• I have completed three years at the University of Plymouth, securing 1st class honours with a Dean’s list certificate for Academic Achievement and Excellence in my first two years and completed an industrial placement in my third year with grade Merit.
• National standard sport athlete in Hockey and Golf (2014)
• OCR Level 1 Diploma for IT Users (New CLAIT)
• Excel (Good understanding)
Leadership and teamwork:
• I am very ambitious, hardworking and can work as part of a group or on my own through experience gained in debates and group projects at university.
• I enjoy playing and teaching various sports, through captaining and playing in a number of sports teams at club and national level - I have extended my leadership and teamwork qualities.
Interest and hobbies:
• I can speak fluent Spanish
• Member of the University of Plymouth Business Society Football Team and play for the Plymouth University Golf Team.
Education and qualifications
2015 – Present University of Plymouth
BA (Hons) International Business with Spanish (predicted: 1st class honours)
2012 – 2014 Hills Road Sixth Form College
A-levels: Physical Education, Spanish, Business Studies
2009 – 2012 The Leys School Cambridge
11 GCSE’s with (Advanced) Asset Languages certificate in Spanish and French
Lucas helped me gain confidence in my pronunciation and conversational speaking skills last summer prior to travelling. Would highly recommend as he has extensive knowledge on the subject and is a fluent speaker. Very patient and approachable perfect for anyone wanting to develop their Spanish skills - at any level. Best tutor I've had!
During Lucas’ time in Australia, he tutored me in my third year of university in advanced Spanish. Lucas was always reliable, confident, professional and punctual. I only have amazing things to say about him - he made the subject enjoyable to learn.
Lucas is a great tutor! He is a reliable person and has a thorough and deep knowledge of Spanish. He explains things clearly and makes it easy to learn. I would thoroughly recommend Lucas.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|