I will start classes with the basics of embroidery and teach onwards from that, assisting my students with their own projects and adapting to the skills they need. I will follow along with them myself to better assist them and will be flexible in adapting to the needs of the student
I am a Costume and Set design student with a background in textile design. I have over 5 years of experience in both hand sewing and embroidery as well as fabric design and printing. I aim to teach from beginner level to more advanced
A dedicated and hard-working individual in the final year of studying a BA Hons in Costume and Set design, with a wide range of creative arts industry experience, excellent organization and time management, and a keen eye for design. Seeking work in a fast-paced, detail orientated design industry to further potential and contribute to projects
JULY 2017 – SEPT 2018
KENNEL WORKER, LEACROFT KENNELS
• Worked as part of a team to ensure the proper care and welfare of a number of dogs.
• Independently monitored animal welfare, ensuring Health compliant standards were implemented at all times.
• Provided unique approaches to rehabilitation and carefully monitored dogs with special requirements, such as abused and hazardous animals to ensure animal welfare.
• Operated within a close team, often adapting quickly, and using leadership skills to effectively manage unpredictable workloads.
• Worked to quickly identify key aspects of dangerous animals’ personality and tailor procedures to ensure safety of team and animal welfare.
• Operated a wide array of roles, adapting workflow to maximize efficiency
MARCH 2018 – JULY 2018
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT, GORRANG
• Managed own schedule, balancing academic studies with work.
• Utilised market research and peer knowledge, as well as own experience to produce quality content for clients.
• Worked to tight deadlines, addressing key elements of media strategies to maximise client exposure.
• Operated within a fast-paced work environment, utilsing own initiative with projects whilst adhering to client specifications.
• Communicated with clients both verbally and electronically- producing documentation of work and marketing strategies.
• Tailored approach to client and business personality, defining an online presence online with customer expectation of company attitude and standards.
• Operated in client facing position, utilizing communication to quickly understand client needs, and effectively communicate ideas and core concepts.
SEPT 2018- PRESENT
BA HONS, COSTUME AND SET DESIGN, UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
This high-pressure, hands-on degree combines my passion for set and costume design with practical experience in productions and relevant theory in design approach. Successfully designed costumes for multiple productions, as well as designed, manufactured and implemented sets within high quality local productions.
GCSES, CHARLES DARWIN SCHOOL
Achieved a pass or higher in all subjects including an A* in Mathematics and 4 As, one of which in English Language. Was very studious and had a very high attendance rate with little to no complaint from my academic tutors
A-LEVELS, CHARLES DARWIN SCHOOL
Results: ABB (Finance, Product Design, Textiles) 2 of these, Product Design and Textiles were creative and production focused, and involved large amounts of coursework showing my process to a final design
• Excellent communication skills both in a social and professional context and can be efficient with what needs to be communicated
• Professional ability to produce technical documents that are essential for work such as drawings and plans
• Creatively driven and skilled in many different artwork techniques allowing for innovative designs to be thought about
• Brilliant time management skills as shown by my attendance of all academic sessions
• Ability to work independently as seen through numerous personal commissions of design and craft work • Drive to gain knowledge and research in areas in which that knowledge is lacking in order to improve for myself and colleagues
• Hardworking and dedicated to producing high quality projects, and willing to prioritise projects and workload to ensure productions run smoothly
• Outstanding organization skills that allow me to keep on top of all meetings and tasks required of me
• Good computer skills with the ability to use a range of programs such as Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and other digital design facilities
• Very interested in traditional theatre and am presently doing a research project relating to this field.
• Worked as a volunteer in projects throughout school such as a mural at the local leisure center and working on multiple productions as a scenic painter and prop maker.
• Do photo editing commissions for people internationally using my understanding of graphic design
• Recently completed a series of craft commissions specific to one person allowing me to be very involved in the whole picture thus strengthening my work
• Have a keen interest for music and media which keeps me up to date with current topics, specific to the creative sector
sewing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest embroidery lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, fabric printing lessons for all!
Taking patchwork lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£9|