I find the best way to learn is actively - so lots of quizzes, past papers and even games to get the student really involved in the lesson and the subject. As I'm teaching two sciences, I also know how important it is to keep the waffle to a minimum, so no unnecessary information that'll overload my students.
I am a Geology student at Durham University, who took maths, chemistry and geology for A-Level. I've been studying geology for five years since GCSE, and helped at school younger students in homework sessions as well as teaching a class in mental health as part of the Peer Education Project.
I am a conscientious and determined person who has a deep interest in chemistry and geology. A people driven and hard-working individual, I have experience teaching at my school and with my two younger sisters, having also captained my college cheerleading team at my university.
Education and qualifications
Currently studying Geology at Durham University, averaging 2:1
Geology A, Maths B, Chemistry B, EPQ B (“Do the benefits of solar radiation management outweigh the risks?”)
Won the Geology prize in my year group.
GCSEs / IGCSEs: Awarded 9A* and 2A
• Matlab modelling and programming
• Arc GIS
• Five years of fieldwork experience
• Completed undergraduate level modules in Further Mathematics for Geoscience, Geoinformatics, and Geochemistry
• Genesis Oil and Gas – here I spent a week with an environmental consultant learning to use software such as PHAST, OSCAR, DREAM and FLARESIM while modelling oil spills
• Rockhopper Exploration PLC – learned how to create a seismic map from pre-existing data
• Waitressing with a catering company and then in a public house for one year – learnt how to work in a team under stressful situations and how to conduct myself professionally
• Bronze Duke of Edinburgh
• National Citizen Service
• Royal Academy of Dance Ballet Grade 5 (merit)
• Piano grade 8 (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music)
• First Aid course (certified)
• Captaining my college cheerleading team after winning the Durham Intercollegiate Cheerleading Competition
• Godolphin Vocal Ensemble; Barnardos choir of the year 2015, Songs of Praise semi-finalist 2015 and 2018
• Taking homework sessions for younger girls in school years 7 and 8
• Conservation days with my school
• Peer education project – educated younger students in my school about mental health
• Trevelyan College Chamber Choir
References available on request
geology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|