I have a BA hons in Early Childhood and Education, as well as may other early years qualifications and training. I can give lessons online, tutorials, advice, assessment, planning and workshops. My method of teaching is very much individualised to the learner. We all learn in different ways and I would work with you as an individual to find the best tools to support your leaning styles and interests and areas for development.
My methodology is centred around the love of learning and to improve your skills, knowledge and understanding of a variety of early years topics, whether this is for your own professional development or as a parent to develop your confidence in your parenting skills.
I have over 20 years’ experience in early years and education. I have a passion and energy for the importance of supporting children to effectively learn, grow and develop and support strong well-being in their formative years. I have extensive experience of teaching and training professionals and parents in important topics such as early brain development, attachment theories, attachment parenting, sleeping and feeding routines, health and well-being, the principles of the EYFS, special educational needs and disabilities, Life at Two and the importance of nurturing and enabling environments with a specific focus on forest school approach, to name a few. I have been lucky enough to travel extensively and during this time I have worked in many different countries, including America, Australia and Africa which has given me a unique insight into early childhood education around the world and how important it is to become unified and celebrate our differences and similarities. Embrace our various cultures and work together to create better outcomes for our future generations.
I have worked as an early years consultant, teacher trainer, been graded 'outstanding' by Ofsted for my own early years forest childcare business 'Little Explorers'. I have worked with a range of multi -professionals and parents to support children with Special Educational Needs and in particular children with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties. I have ran and designed bespoke training courses, workshops and assessed students online, as well as parent workshops on topics such as Schemas, messy play, parenting advice, attachment, brain development, physical, communication and personal, social and emotional development and I have been trained to asses and use the Early Childhood Environment Rating scale (ECERS) and Infant and Toddler Environment Rating Scales (ITERS).
My rates are flexible depending on the hours, content and travel/online support etc.
I have a cancellation policy - please contact me for details.
September 15-Present Day Part Time
Outstanding- Little Explorers Childminding-
• Self-employed childminder running a successful childminding business from my home with a recent Outstanding Ofsted on my first inspection.
• Work closely in partnership with parents to ensure I am meeting the individual needs of the children to help them to make good progress in line with the EYFS.
• A Forest childcare provider; ensuring children are given a wide range of creative learning opportunities based around the forest school approach that meet the child’s characteristics of learning.
• Use FCCERs quality improvement tool to improve and evaluate practice.
• Provide a warm, caring and stimulating environment for children to flourish and grow with a high emphasis on nature and Forest School approach., planning meaningful and creative experiences for them to develop across all 7 areas of learning and development.
July 08-July 15
Early Years Foundation Stage Development Officer
• Worked within a multidisciplinary EYFS Team in partnership with a variety of early years providers across the PVI, Children’s Centres and Schools to improve quality. By processes of continued training and development, supporting self evaluation processes, identifying training needs and working with settings to develop their systems to raise the quality of the their overall provision and ensuring that it met the requirements of the EYFS, the local authority and Ofsted outcomes.
• Created and delivered training both centrally and externally to the PVI, maintained and school sector. In particular courses for our 2 year old project, which included information on attachment, brain development, child development, enabling environments and information on the integrated 2 year check. I also ran and delivered training on many further courses for the whole EYFS sector (inspired by babies training, messy play and science, CoEL, prime areas, attachment, key person, letters and sounds, schemas, ofsted etc).
• Instrumental in the 2 year old project; this was responsible for identifying and proposing suitable and quality provision to extend places for 2 year olds. Sourcing existing and new quality provision. Worked with a range of professionals including building and planning, finance, sustainability and monitoring teams and schools to develop provision. Working in an inner city area with high levels of social economic diversity meant that many additional spaces had to be created in order to meet the requirements of the offer.
• Liaised with many outside professionals including architects to ensure any initial plans and building works were carried and completed to a high and suitable standard to meet the needs of this young age group. Worked closely with community playthings to create wonderful spaces and environments in the initial planning stages and sourced all the materials, furniture and resources needed.
• Instrumental in the successful 2 year old project to train, support, improve and embed quality provision across the sector for 2 year olds. We trained a large number of professionals in ITERS & ECERS to provide a measure by which to improve and evaluate quality. Worked closely with many professionals to improve their knowledge of working with under 3’s, through peer observation, support, training and advice.
• Supported in recruitment across the sector to successfully recruit EYTs for lead professional roles for the 2 year old settings.
• Part of planning, implementing, consulting and delivering the Integrated 2 year Review. As a pilot borough we were involved in the initial processes to trial the integrated review with a range of professionals across both the health and education sector. Included designing the format and delivering training across a large sector in conjunction with the health visiting team, early years professionals and parents. Worked as part of a multi professional team to promote the importance of early help for children and families.
• Developed systems to record and evaluate rag rating for an Ofsted profile for the team that held key information about all the settings in terms of Ofsted outcomes, projects, funding and CPD.
• Worked with a number of settings through a variety of projects, including the OAP, ICT, Letters and Sounds, reflective practice project and 2 year old project by modelling, and supporting individual practitioners and staff teams, and engaging children, staff and parents in fun, creative and appropriate workshops.
• Attended regional local authority meetings on the Graduate leader fund, EYP/EYT networks and the regional quality Improvement network meetings, fed back to colleagues, presented at the PVI forums and ran workshops at conferences.
• Co-ordinated and ran a highly successful joint LA EYP/EYT network with colleagues from Camden and the Institute of Education to provide high levels of CPD and reflective practice opportunities to support the EYP/EYTs and trainees in the borough.
• Supported the development of the Islington quality indicators and worked very closely with mangers to consider areas of improvement supporting their development in these areas with training, environmental plans and help them to consider reflective processes to allow for improvements and continuous self -evaluation.
• Worked closely with mangers across all sectors in developing their reflective and evaluative practice and completed and delivered training on SEF and Preparing for your Ofsted inspection.
• Delivered preparing for your Ofsted inspections visits in various settings in order to prepare staff and support quality improvement processes.
• Completed ECERS & ITERS audits in a range of sectors across the borough and completed detailed quality improvement plans for Managers/Teachers following the outcomes.
July 2009-July 2015 CACHE
CACHE NVQ Level 3 Assessor
• Supported students with work placements and during their roles with their qualifications and assessments within the in-house training centre in the Islington Early Years team.
• Provided Online support and assessment
• Face to Face assessments and supported candidates with their individual development and training programs; highlighting areas for development and suggestions for experiences and activities to achieve the evidence required.
• Marked worked online and gave telephone and email feedback.
June 2010 Department of Education New York New York, USA
Secondment to carry out ECERS audits in schools and nurseries
• Worked for the DOE in NY City, carrying out ECERS audits in a range of diverse provisions for NY education.
• Travelled extensively across all the boroughs of NY and used ECERS to audit provision for pre- school age settings.
• All scores and notes were given to the Department of Education, NY to enable them to carry out a full borough wide quality measure.
September 07-July 08 London Borough Of Camden Camden, London.
Peripatetic Behaviour Support Assistant- Early Years Intervention Pilot Project (One year post)
• Provided planned individual support to children in the Early years foundation stage who present with SEN, particularly children who present with emotional, social and behaviour difficulties
• Supported children with ESBD who are transferring form nursery settings into the reception at school.
• Worked alongside staff in schools modelling good practice and providing recommended strategies, including planning targets for the children’s specific behaviour needs and planning the handover of strategies to staff.
• Promoted children’s individual learning development, particularly their social and emotional development, within a secure, safe and stimulating environment, and with reference to good practice in relation to the EYFS document.
• Communicated to a high level to staff in schools, parents and outside professionals, e,g Speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, social services, lead professionals and learning mentors.
• Worked in partnership and collaborate with colleagues in my team, including the Educational psychologist and inclusion teachers to plan, implement and evaluate interventions for young children to ensure inclusion for them in their settings.
• Attended review meetings in collaboration with schools to review our interventions through weekly discussions within the team, regular meetings with parents, professionals and school based colleagues.
April 05- September 07 Puss in Boots Nursery school
• Overseeing the day to day running of a 26 place nursery.
• Ensured the nursery provides high quality care, which met all the Ofsted requirements.
• Provided high quality care and attention for all the children.
• Managed and recruited a full staff team & maintained strong working relationships. Developed staff training programmes and routines.
• Working with agencies
• Training staff and offering ongoing support and advice to my staff team
• Provided and planned a fully inclusive program for all the children incorporating the foundation stage profile and the birth to three matters document.
• Developed our partnerships with parents, offering advice and support to families to help access their children’s learning.
• Liaised & managed excellent relationships with a variety of outside professionals.
• Provided a fully inclusive program and created a monitoring and observation sheet to use in line with set IEPs, contributed to an article about inclusion in the ‘Count me in’ newsletter.
• Ofsted inspected with a “Good” in September 05.
• Buillt child portfolios, managed an effective key person system
• Administration duties- maintaining records, writing policies, stock taking and invoicing, organizing staff rotas and equipment purchases.
• Carrying out regular Health & Safety checks and risk assessments.
• Promoted the nursery internally and externally.
• Managed monthly and termly numbers, budgets and maintain waiting lists.
January 04-Present Day London
Nanny/ Part Time
Sole Charge of Newborn and sole charge of three yr old and tutor for a 7 year old
Accompanied family on various holidays.
Prepared healthy meals for both children and attended to their feeding, washing and sleeping needs.
Provided high quality care, love and attention and created fun and playful learning experiences for both children.
Tutored the older child and provided sleep training for the baby/todldler.
January 04-April 05 Puss in Boots Nursery School .
Assisted the manager in the daily provision of care and education for 2-5 year olds.
Successfully developed the planning of a variety of activities and providing an enriched curriculum for all the children.
Providing positive relationships with children, staff and parents
Organised special events, outings, family days and fundraisers.
Showed round prospective parents.
Produced positive, creative and imaginative surroundings for the children.
Managed weekly and monthly child numbers.
August 03 - October 03 ABC Nurseries Brisbane, Australia
Temp position -Pre-school Teacher
Providing a balanced curriculum for 3-5 year olds, incorporating all the national standards.
Managed a staff team of 3, trained and assessed child care students
Incorporated various cultural themes and activities into the children’s daily routines and provided a fun and exciting educational learning programme.
Liaised and communicated effectively with both, staff and parents, provided training, advice and support.
Ran an inclusive outdoor program for all the children and provided an exciting and varied learning experience using the outdoor space.
March 03-July 03 Select Education Sydney, Australia
Early Years Temp
Temporary casual in various child care positions
Worked closely with local youth projects, providing after school care for underprivileged families within the Aboriginal community.
Pre-school teacher for 3-6 year olds.
Sept 01- Dec 02 Daises Day Nursery
Assisted the manager and the area manager in the development of the nursery and helped to build up the nursery from the start.
Oversaw the general day to day running of the 72 place nursery for children aged 3mths -5 yrs
Managed a full staff team and maintained strong working relationships
Providing high quality care for all the children, specialising in babies and the under two’s. Provided a fully inclusive curriculum plan in line with the foundation stage and key time’s document.
Maintained close relationships with all parents and families.
Managed positive contacts and relationship with the LEA and Local council.
Managed staff salaries.
Administration duties: - maintaining records, invoices, stock taking, staff rotas, orders and equipment purchases.
Sept 97 - April 01 Cherish Day Nursery
Managed the successful running of my section, providing quality care and supervision for 24 babies and toddlers. Developed positive interactions with parents and staff.
Managed a key worker system and successfully developed the planning of activities to incorporate the early learning goals.
Attended and managed regular staff meetings and open days with parents. Supported, motivated and liaised positively with my staff.
Arranged settling in procedures for new children.
Organised special events, fundraisers and outings. Ongar, Essex
Education School/ College Dates
• Cache levels 3 in Home based Education Pacey 2015
• Cache Level 3 Assessor Award Cache 2013
• BA Hons Early Childhood 2:1 University of Teeside 2011
• NVQ Level 3 Harlow College 2001
• Child Care & Education
• A-Level Art A Shenfield High School 1997
• A-Level Sociology C Shenfield High School 1997
• 9 G.C.S.E’s Grades A-C Shenfield High School 1995
Certificates/courses... more on request
ECERS Level 3 & 4 Safeguarding Communication Friendly Spaces
ITERS Inspired by Babies Being Two
EEL Training Music and movement through play Early Help
Early Years Management training Treasure boxes-learning through Play Food Hygiene
PECS Systems SCIP-Team Teach EYFS
Paediatric First Aid March 15 Birth to three Matters SENCO
Basic H & S Risk Assessment Partnership with parents
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|