My teaching style has been referred as organic, spontaneous, fun, and relatable! I speak your language and am able to convey science and mathematical concepts in a clear, simple, easy-to-understand way. Have inspired numerous students around the world to have fun with STEM courses!
I am an American Research Engineer with a Master's by Research degree in Engineering from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and a B.S. engineering degree from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), both of which are ranked top 5 globally in their respective fields.
Professional experience is rooted in education, with 5+ years of AP and college-level teaching experience at high school and university campuses. This includes instruction, curriculum development, and university teaching assistance in STEM subjects. Expertise lies in instruction of high school and college-level Physics (Mechanics), Environmental Engineering, Precalculus/Geometry, SAT and College Admissions Counseling.
All tuition shall be performed online!
National University of Singapore ● Singapore ● August 2015
Master’s by Research: Environmental Science and Engineering
Academic Topics: Subsurface Remediation and Water Quality Engineering
CAP: 4.50/5.00 | Major CAP: 4.50/5.00
University of Illinois ● Urbana-Champaign, IL ● July 2011
Bachelor of Science: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Primary - Environmental / Secondary - Engineering Management
GPA: 3.51/4.00 | Major GPA: 3.73/4.00
ACADEMIC WORK EXPERIENCE
Bard College ● Shenzhen, China ● August 2018 - [present role]
• Instruction of college-level Mechanics, Environmental Engineering, and PreCalculus
• Laboratory management and supervision, experiment design
• Assistance in course credit accreditation for universities in the United States
Fairmont International / Maple Leaf ● Shenzhen, China ● August 2016 - July 2018 Physics Teacher
• Instruction of Physics and STEM subjects to Grade 11 students based on AP1 curriculum
• Development of teaching materials, homework, lab exercises and examinations
• Assistance in various administrative aspects of program management (electives, protocols)
National University of Singapore ● Singapore ● Aug 2013 - Oct 2015 Teaching Assistant for ESE3101, Laboratory Research Engineer
• Supplemented student comprehension of Solid Waste Management via group projects
• Mentored and evaluated oral presentations, graded assignments and exams
• Trained incoming engineering students in foundational laboratory and fieldwork practices
Thai Nguyen University of Technology ● Thai Nguyen, Vietnam ● Aug 2011 - June 2012 CEE Engineering Instructor
• Fully instructed Geology course for Advanced Placement Program
• Part-time instruction for Geotechnical, Environmental, and Construction Engineering courses
• Cooperated with dean of CEE department in redesign of undergraduate curriculum
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£17|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£85|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£170|